Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Migration SAP system - Export optimization

Hello,

I´m doing a migration/heterogeneous system copy... but I´m facing one big problem. This is a BW system with size of 3TB running on Windows Server 2012 with database MS SQL Server. The problem is the export database time using the SWPM tool.

I already did two tests, the first one I performed the export database without any other options/methods and it takes 99 hours (~4 days) which is a lot of time!

We need to reduce this export database time! I read the system copy guide and with that information and other information that I read in some SCN blogs, I performed the second test using the table splitting method! I split some big tables, for example, I split the biggest table in the BW system, with 650 Gb, in 175 parts! The server contains 20 CPU's therefore I set 80 R3load parallel jobs! It takes 75 hours (~3 days). Unfortunately it is still long time!

The following image was taken during this last test (split tables test):

I need to perform this database export in 1 day! It´s possible? I believe it is possible because I already read some SCN posts like the following one where someone describe that he export one database with 9TB in 18 hours!!!

Minimizing the downtime for migration‏

But how it´s possible?! Can you give me please your opinion, your experience and your vision in how to optimize the database exportation!?

I really need to minimizing the downtime of this migration.

Please give me some tips.

Best regards,

João Dimas

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question