Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand By Problem: 10 logs are missing

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

due an error, a sequence of 10 logs are not sent to stand-by host and this 10 log are not available, the backup is too old and tapes are re-writed. It was happend in July but I check it only yesterday... of course, the monitoring team is now lot of trouble.

So we would like to re-create stand-by. Is there a procedure to restore the replication from primary host to stand-by host? I think that at first is need a new full backup of database....

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You do not need to recreate the standby database. You just need to take an incremental backup on the primary from the current SCN on standby to the OS level. The procedure is straight forward and there are plenty of resources available online.

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganimede,

Of course the full backup is needed. I think the main steps would be same as the standby db was set up.

Did you use oracle data guard for the standby solution?

Best regards,

James

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganimede,

> Of course the full backup is needed.

Of course it is not. Regardless if he is using Data Guard or if he is doing it manually.

> So we would like to re-create stand-by. Is there a procedure to restore the replication from primary host to stand-by host?

Just recover it with an incremental backup. No need to re-create anything. Official Oracle documentation: Using RMAN to Back Up and Restore Files

Regards

Stefan