Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

what's the difference between collective account assignment and original account assignment

when I executing CKMLCP, after run Revaluation of Consumption, it shows two account assignment types: collective account assignment and original account assignment in Column: Acct assignment type, then after run Post  Closing , the variance of collective account assignment will be adjusted to the account that configured in OBYC-COC.

in our project, we configure a goods issued account to replace the main business cost account when executing VL02N,  if i create a sales order, after delivery , the accounting document is:  D: goods issued account  C:stock goods account ,  and after billing, the accounting document is

D: main business cost account C: goods issued account , i think the variance of stock goods should be adjusted to the goods issued account, but after run Revaluation of Consumption(CKMLCP), it shows a collective account assignment, then run Post Closing(CKMLCP), the variance is adjusted to the account that configured in OBYC-COC,  why ?

the i test another case:  delivery goods to cost center, the accounting document is: D: cost account  C: stock goods account , after run Revaluation of Consumption(CKMLCP), it shows a original account assignment, then run Post Closing(CKMLCP), the variance of stock goods is adjusted to the cost account, not the account that configured in OBYC-COC, why ?

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Liu,

PRG is key for updating price difference of single level and multi level in case of Alternative Valuation Run (AVR). When you run AVR with posting option, it will read the accounts in PRG key for posting revaluation of consumptions.

You can customize material update structure under Controlling - Product Cost Controlling - Actual Costing/material Ledger - Material Update.

You need to define movement types groupt, assign movement types to groups and update material structure.

Please go through below link for more details:

Revaluating Consumption - Actual Costing/Material Ledger (CO-PC-ACT) - SAP Library

Your understand towards material consumption is not correct. Material is allways consumed to Cost Center, Production Order or delivery to customer. Consumption account is always P&L account which will be picked from OBYC.

While Actual Costing Run, if you wish to pick the same account, you need update material update with original assignment, if not, it picks the COC account while posting.

Hope clarified now.

Regards,

Santosh Varanasi

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question