Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I read QR codes from a custom (Z) transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I'm thinking in develop a custom transaction with a QR code reading feature. Any ideas?, has someone develop something like that?.

Can I use a 3th party app to read the qr code and place it in the right SAP field?. How?

Any clues?, any ideas?

Mauricio

8 REPLIES 8

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

Pretty cool that your idea (and if you had not commented on it I would not have researched, thanks).

So, searching the SCN I found these two links, one talks about SmartForms and other Webdynpro, I believe they can help you a lot:

Ahhh, a tip I leave to you, use google with the keyword "your subject" site: scn.sap.com, so you find very quickly what you want, since here in SCN we have a lot of content, oks?!

I also suggest reading the document below, which explains the best practices when using the SCN, read and keep with care all that is described there

Warm regards,

Raphael Pacheco.

0 Kudos

Hi Raphael Pacheco, thanks for the link, I´ll take a look.

In order to add more details about the custom development, here is the main idea:

Read a QR code from a Microsoft tablet (with SAP GUI), using the built-in camera of the device and place the result into a custom development transaction field.

Mauricio

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All barcodes are images. Interpretation of that image is done by image processing tools inbuilt in the barcode readers. There are online barcode readers also which can process these images similar to a barcode reader and produce result.

ABAP is not an image processing tool.

Even if you are able to build an image processing tool in ABAP, where do you intend to use it?

Thanks,

Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juwin, basically walk around in a warehouse holding a Microsoft tablet (Sap Gui installed on it) on my hand, scan the QR code (SAP material number) from a sticker on a box, type the quantity (using touch screen keyboard) an perform the material withdrawal of the scanned item.

Kind regards,

Mauricio

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this, I think you will have to take external help. There are dll files available on the internet, which you can install on the tablet. These dll files, you may be able to instantiate & communicate, using OLE in ABAP and to get the barcode data from the camera.

Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=barcode+reader+dll

Thanks,

Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juwin Pallipat Thomas, thanks for the help. At the end, we are going to use and external device to read the bar code, instead of the buildin camera.

Thanks again.

Mauricio

shanmukh624
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you get any solution here?

viva_kd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can I have solution, how Did u resolve it.