Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

I am certified as SAP Authorization and Auditing for NetWeaver 7.31

Is this certification sufficient for sap module security and authorization in terms of employment? Or would I require more certifications such as GRC 10.1 Access Control?

The exam cover many areas such as Role Maintenance, User Admin, Identity Management, AIS, NetWeaver, Secure Infrastructure, Security Assessments, System Audit, User Maintenance, User Authorization Audit.

With all the above I still feel as a Security and Authorisation Consultant there were many key areas missing. Like organisational structures and Indirect Role Assignment.

Can anyone on here tell me if this is really relevant and do I need to know more since I am job hunting and want to be best prepared as a security and authorization consultant.

If there are any security Consultants out there working in the industry please advise or share your thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Dipesh.

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Dipesh,

It is good that you have successfully passed the Certification, which proves that you have adequate knowledge in the Security area in SAP. There are number of Security Consultants around, it would give additional value if you concentrate on GRC. There are not many consultants in Security area with GRC experience.

SAP Certification is NOT a job guarantee program. SAP Certification is one of the ingredient that employer's are looking, but not the only qualification. You must have relevant SAP experience, business process knowledge, education, soft skills, team work, communication, cultural fit, domain knowledge and willing learn etc. these are all the qualities that employers look into. If you have SAP Certification, it would definitely be an added value. If you only have SAP Certification, but not any other above mentioned qualities, then NO employer would be willing to take you. Furthermore, job market in any country is driven by demand-supply theory. No matter what you are having, if you do not have demand for your skills, no employer would be willing to take you.

Please try to improve all the areas that that I have mentioned above, which could make you a complete SAP Consultant.

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question