cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order Pricing - Gross Value line, Summation incorrect

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a sales order for which the Item level pricing is showing incorrect summation for Gross value line.

PFB the scenario at item level pricing

Condition type NameAmountCurrencyper UoM
PR00Price91.10USD100KG
ZAB5Surcharge 2.00USD100KG
Gross Value93.11USD100KG

In above case Gross Value should be (91.10 + 2.00) = 93.10 however system is summing up PR00 & ZAB5 to 93.11 as Gross Vaue, which is incorrect.

Not sure from where is it adding 0.01

Gross Value Subtotal line in the sales order prcing procedure doesnt have any Alt Cal type assigned, neither there is a alternate base value.

Not Sure how is it calculating Gross Value for some items in the order.

Can you please add your valuable suggestions?

Thanks!

KP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

I will try to explain one possible reason with an example. This is my pricing procedure - nothing really special, just to show that I have no values for calculation type or alternative base:

I will create an order for 200 PC with the same prices for PR00 and ZVP2 as you have for PR00 and ZAB5:

Everything looks great - my subtotal value shows the exact sum of PR00 and ZVP2.

I will change the order quantity to 46. Why 46? Mainly because 42 is not the answer here .

The subtotal shows 93.11.

The explanation: KOMV-KBETR (condition amount) of a subtotal is determined by dividing the corresponding condition value (KOMV-KWERT) by the condition basis (KOMV-KAWRT) taking into account the condition pricing unit. My only active price (I have only statistical conditions, but PR00 is still treated as the last price in the absence of non-statistical prices) is maintained per 100 PC, so the condition pricing unit is 100.

46*91.10/100  = 41.906 rounded up to 41.91 with commercial rounding - set in V/06 for PR00.

46*2/100 = 0.92

The sum of these two is 42.83 (which is definitetely correct).

The condition amount is (42.83/46)*100 = 93.1086 that becomes 93.11.

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs

What can be done to avoid this ?

How can we have the correct condition Amount 93.10 instead of 93.10 as explained in your example?

From Where does the rouding rule control happens for Gross value Line in the order ?

How did you identify that the condition amount is calculated using below formula ?

(42.83/46)*100 = 93.1086 that becomes 93.11.

Appreciate your immediate response.

Thanks

KP

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am glad that you do not just accept the answer, but try to understand it.

I know the formula, because I have read about that in a SAP note some time ago. Luckily I found it easily - 791944 - How is the KBETR determined in a subtotal?

What you can do about that?

Probably you cannot force the customer to buy in multiples of 10 kg and the business will not accept to define price 0.91/1 kg (with precision of 1 kg and your current prices you will always round) and I guess you also have percentage-based discounts, so you cannot avoid that completely even if your prices were defined per 1 kg anyway.

In general you can capture rounding differences and show them separately.

Answers (0)