cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Connection to BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to establish a connection from BODS to Oracle 11g.

Client has given the following details:

IP Address

PORT

Service Name

TNSNAME

User id and Pwd

My question is : Do i need to have Oracle Client installed on my Development System

What are the steps needed for connection from BODS to Oracle Client. Please let me know.

Thanks,

A Sustainer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. You need to install 32 bit Oracle 11 G R2 client on the Windows client
  2. Place the tnsnames.ora under the ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/ folder.
  3. Add the oracle installation location  under the ORA_HOME and environment variables like PATH and classpath
  4. Make sure you are able to tnsping the oracle instance using command in command prompt

tnsping service_name

5. Create a new datastore in the DS designer and point to the native Oracle driver using Database type.

6. Also make sure that you are able to telnet the port on which oracle is listening

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I created a odbc connection from Oracle Server (client system for test data) and from DS when I am trying to view the its taking very long time and later becoming un responsive and finally forcing the close the Data Services.

I don't have a oracle client on my dev system.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

A Sustainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This video might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaRqwrZ3Zpw

Thanks

Swapnil

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Install the Orcale client on both your DS client (for development) and server (for job execution) platforms.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to install Oracle 32 bit client on your Dev system. It is freely available on the oracle site. Once Oracle client dll is available then you can create 32 bit ODBC DSN or native client type Database Datastore

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Drik/Arun,

During building our Developement System, we have installed Oracle, IPS and then Data Services.

So while creating a ODBC Connection, we could able to establish a ODBC Connection, but when i am "View Data" from Data Stores tables, It is taking long time and DS is getting "AppCrash" and i am forced to close the Data Services.

So my Question is Do we need to have 1 more Oracle Client 1 more time separately and why when i doing a view data its taking a very long time and at last ending up with APP Crash.

Thanks,

A Sustainer

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no experience in using ODBC for accessing Oracle from DS. Why don't you install the native Oracle client? Performance will be much better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Arun and Drik, You are right, I shall installed Oracle Native Client and I will get get back, in case i have some issues.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Better go for Oracle Native Client. You can get it installed on the Dev system and there is no need to create an odbc datastore.

Make sure you install 32 bit Oracle 11G R2 client

Oracle Database 11g Release 2 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit)

You can create a free account in oracle with your gmail id and then download it from the above link.

Regards

Arun Sasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

Arun