Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.4 on java stack

former_member384109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My question is that I have installed SAP netweaver 7.4 PO on java stack.and there is no any ABAP stack system in our landscape.i want to raise the SAP OSS. so is it require SAP router.

Regards,

Ankit Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAProuter is mandatory, but since you only have Java system. You can try logging an OSS message and ask if they can connect using netviewer or gotoconnect. this is just like teamviewer session. But someone has to be there everytime they want to connect.

Regards,

Kishore Soma

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member384109
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

your valuable answer.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ankit Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

As others have suggested, you'll need saprouter if SAP support asks you to open remote connection.

The type of connection required is HTTP-based remote connection.

Best,

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You do not need saprouter setup to raise an OSS message. You will need saprouter setup if you want SAP support to connect or reach your SAP system.

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Of course you need to install saprouter if you have an SAP landscape.

But it is not necessary to raise an OSS message at the beginning. You can login SMP and create a message. Mostly SAP consultants answer your questions without connecting to your system by searching through internal support system.

If they ask you to open connection, that time you must install a saprouter as Anurag mentioned.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

In order to raise an OSS message you should definitely have an SAP router configured otherwise SAP would not be able to access your system if required for analysis.

Please find the document for installing the SAP router.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/48/6ca4616c0707dce10000000a42189d/content.htm

I would suggest you to arrange a dedicated server for SAP Router.

After the installation of SAPROUTER and to make your AS Java system accessible to the SAP, follow the below two steps.

1. Maintain the AS Java system details in your system host file

(UNIX: /etc/hosts, NT: [windir]/system32/drivers/etc/hosts)

2. Please add the following entry in the saprouttab of your SAProuter:

KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"  your system url:port   

The new saprouttab you can activate with the command 'saprouter -n' or                                with restarting your SAProuter.

CAUTION !!A generic entry of the form 'p * * *' is NOT sufficient

since this only releases all SAP ports (3200 to 3299) and no ports

outside this area.

Thanks and Regards

Anurag