Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant SAP1 missing Import job

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

We have dual-track landscape. We are planning to use urgent change (ZMCR/ZMHF) in production track and possibly quality gate management (QGM) for project track. We will also activate retrofit and CSOL. We want to use variant SAP1 because it doesn't leave transport in production buffer and also removes lock entries once transport will hit production.

Only problem is SAP1 doesn't have job /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT in task list. And since we are also planning to use selective import strategy, how can we import transports into production using task list?

Can we just add this job in the variant? if so, Is it OK to copy SAP1 into ZSAP1? Please advise.

Just to clarify further, we will be importing transports into production on bi-weekly basis. I am thinking once above job is available in the task list of the maintenance cycle, Basis will execute it from task list in dialog mode which will popup with selective import list, Am I doing it correctly?

Thanks

Sajid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid

I would adjust SAP1 instead to have this job in there.

Best regards

Tom

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I created the variant and assigned it o a new maintenance project and tried to create the task list but it failed with below error. A Task List got created but no Maintenance Cycle.

Internal Phase Controller Problem

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TASKLIST176

Diagnosis

The system was unable to generate the task list due to an internal error

in the phase controller. For more information, see the application log (choose Messages on Generation).

Any ideas?

Regards

Sajid

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

OK, I got past the above issue but now, but when I execute the job from task list, it does not show any transports for selection even though are change documents in status "Authorized for production".

I have tried selective import, status-dependent and selective import with status-dependent but none of the option seems to work. It just says "There are no transport requests available for import". What am I missing? Can someone help? We are at SP13.

Regards

Sajid

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

You need to define a strategy for status-dependent import.

Go to /TMWFLOW/SAPLSELIMUI (SPRO-> SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -->SAP Solution Manager--> Change Control Man. --> TMS --> Define Import Strategy for TRs) and enter the specific values for the project and at least the productiv system and then add the values of each relevant doc type and status.

Regards

Thorben

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thorben,

I have already defined import strategy correctly for my project.

I think I have found what the issue might be. The variant field P_IMPROJ for import job /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT that added manually to SAP1, is NOT set to 'X in task list'. While same is set for SAP0.

So my question is this combination POSSIBLE  ???

"Maintenance project + Urgent correction Only + SAP1 + using Project import in task list + with Selective import strategy"

Anyone?

Thanks

Sajid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid

I was planning to open an incident with SAP, can you let me know how you fixed the 'Internal phase controller problem'.

Thank you.

Regards

Priya