Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmentation Fault

i033659
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to load documents into HANA with a Python script. The document should be saved in a BLOB field of a table.

The Python script works fine, if I start it locally from a PC or notebook or from a remote Linux Server. The source documents are then either stored in a local file folder or in a directory of the Linux Server.

However, if I start the same Python script (in the Linux Version of course) from the HANA Server itself, it throws a segmentation fault at the insert statement of the Python script, i.e. when it comes to

cursor.execute("INSERT INTO <table> VALUES ...

Has anybody an idea how to solve this?

Regards,

Ingo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly is throwing the segmentation fault? I suppose it's not the Python script.

Any hints in the trace directory?

From what I have seen so far, a segmentation fault usually is caused by a kernel bug. A switch to a higher HANA revision might help.

Otherwise open a support call, in order to point HANA kernel developers to it.

regards

i033659
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

/var/log/messages says something like

segfault at 8 ip .... sp .... error 4 in pyhdbcli.so

The user  trace on the database shows that there has at least been an access to the database, but no insert was committed.

The hdb-client revisions are exactly the same: Rev. 97 working on the standalone Linux Server, and not working on the HANA Linux Server.

Regards,

Ingo

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

without more detailed information it's impossible to tell what exactly causes this error.

My best guess however would be that one of the objects used by pyhdbcli.so is not the correct version.

Tools like LDD will show you which other shared objects are loaded by pyhdbcli.so - that would be my next step of analysis here.