cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Variant in CNE2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

how to define selection Variant in CNE2 (Tcode) collective Processing.

Actually I Create a Selection Variant for 20 Selected Projects. by tick on Only for background processing and save the variant. and then I run the project progress. but it give 0 in CNE5 project progress. while when i run CNE1 for these projects it shows progress.

Thanks

Govind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Govind

variant is nothing but its data saved in selection input screen, now let you know how to create this before executing the business transaction save the selection input then system will ask variant name and description give and save.

so purpose of variant creation multiple user can use simultaneously same variant.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snajeev,

Thanks for the Reply.

Actually I've created the Selection Variant, but after Updation of Progress (through CNE2 and this Variant), Actual NAggPlP and ANAgAct showing 0. while it would be showing some value.

Thanks

Govind

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

You need to check the Progress Version /Period are correct in the variant. May be the period is incorrect, kindly check it.

Did you execute the CNE1 with the same period for which you used in CNE2?

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Terence,

Thanks for your reply.

yes, i execute the CNE1 and the progress get updated but when i run CNE2 for the same period, updated value also goes to 0.

can you please tell me that what process or changes, we have to follow when creating Selection Variant.

Thanks

Govind

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

When you execute in foreground with the period, are you able to get the output.

You can just click the create icon next to Selection variant field in CNE2 and enter the projects you want to execute and save.

Choose the variant, version and period, execute and see whether you get the output.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

I've executed the same procedure,

Create a variant>> select the 5 Projects >> Save this Variant.

then CNE2>> Select created Variant + Version + period + no tick on background & Test run.

then Cne5>> showing 0 progress.

while through Cne1>>update... i got Updated Progress.

i m not able to understand what is the issue.

Thanks

Govind

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Can you execute without giving the specific project ?

This is to check whether the problem with TCODE or the projects

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

After testing with different projects, i got the different issue. actually when i run multiple projects in CNE2, only first project is get updated, others shows 0 Progress. i change the selection with different projects, but same first project of the list is updated and all others shows 0.

Thanks

Govind

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

I tried to execute for multiple projects, i am able to get the output.

Below is the Selection Variant I have saved

You need to check the period executed in CNE1 and CNE2, if this is the issue again, then you need to contact SAP.

Regards

Terence