SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Drilldown Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BCS and I am trying to create a Budget vs Actuals report. I am exploring both the options of using GR31 and FMEN. I also read a lot of threads on this topic but still confused.

I am able to get the required Budget and Actuals data using the reports in GR31. But I am not able to get the same layout like the drilldown report which is the layout as per requirement.

In FMEN, I am able to get the desired layout but the report is not displaying any budget data. When checking found that the tables read by this report painter tools are BPJA, BPGE etc. and not FMBDT. I am not familiar with Former Budgeting. Are these tables BPJA, BPGE used by Former Budgeting? I know these are used by Internal Orders and WBS. Does FMEN always read from these tables? Is it not possible to use FMEN to retrieve budget data from FMBDT? I am keen to use FMEN due to the drilldown layout it provides.

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks

Regards

Tongston Immanuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Tongston,

How about FMRP_RW_BUDCON from there u can see budget and actual.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hi Tongston,

How about FMRP_RW_BUDCON from there u can see budget and actual.

0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Thanks. This is the closest report that can meet the requirement. But this does not use the commitment item hierarchy to show the different levels like the drilldown reports. Is there any way that we can make this report to use the standard hierarchy of commitment items?

Thanks.

Regards

Tongston

0 Kudos

If you introduce hierarchy/group of your CIs in the selection parameter, then the output will be equally in the hierarchical view.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I tried to use the F4 for commitment item group in this report and the possible values displayed are only the sets for commitment item and not the nodes of standard hierarchy variant. Even if i try to enter a node in the standard hierarchy i get the error message "Set <name> does not exist".

So even if i want to use the same grouping as my standard hierarchy, do I need to create a commitment item group similar to the standard hierarchy and I cannot use the standard hierarchy directly here?

I tried the t-code FMRP_CI_SET_HIER to create a Commitment Item set based on the standard hierarchy and was able to create the set similar to standard hierarchy. But still thinking if it is possible avoid this step and use the standard hierarchy directly. This is because the users needs to change both the hierarchy and the set in future if there is any change in the standard hierarchy.

Thank you.

Regards

Tongston

0 Kudos

I'm afraid this is the only way. FM standard reports work with groups (sets) and not with hierarchies.