Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with relationship

former_member298683
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please let me know the subjected query,1) I created the root organizational unit and system is asking the relationship, whether we have to create the relationship or not , if required which relationship we have to use.

I tryed with blank but system is automatically taking the 'BP' relation, kindly suggest me

2) I have to know Transportation procedure of OM between the servers.

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

For Root organisation no need of Relationships, we will assign sub- org units to Root Org. unit. you can check the allowed relationship's in the t-code: OOVK.

For transport of OM structure from one server to another, you can create new om structure server wise or you can transfer with OM report " RHMOVE30 " from t-code: SE38 if you are transporting from one server to another server number range for objects has to be same.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Praneeth kumar

former_member298683
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Praneeth,

Thanks for the reply. But once i create the root organization Object system automatically triggering the relationship screen, here do i need to skip the relation ship or what to do?.

For transport of org. structure, you mean to say i have to create all the servers like DEV and QS an PS.

You are suggesting there is one more option by using report ,Through this report , can i transfer the Org structure from one server to target server?

And one more clarification required actually i have captured the client org structure now i want to map into sap, here first where i have create the object in PPOME transaction we have the statuses like active ,planned, approved ,rejected. In which status we have to create the org structure first.

Regards

Mohan

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a standard procedure, Org structure and personnel data are not created in dev and transported to QA and Prod.  The data is created in the prod client.

During implementation, data may be created in spreadsheet for both PA & PD using the existing systems data and loaded using LSMW, Infoshuttle, etc; but not through transports.

To analyze prod issues, data from prod may be copied for PA & PD for the relevant personnel number/s from prod to QA or Dev test clients using 3rd party s/w tools like InfoShuttle, Data Sync Manager, etc.

former_member298683
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jagan,

Thanks for information ...Actually we are in a process of implementation , we are about to start configurations, i am taking care of OM part,kindly suggest me where to start and  can you provide the step by step procedure.

Regards

Mohan

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said before, the data is uploaded using LSMW, Winshuttle, Data Sync manager, etc.

For LSMW or for other tools as well, create data in spreadsheets (saved as *.TXT files). 

Go through each LSMW step to create an object for each transaction (e.g.,PA40 for pers.action, PA30 for empl data maintenance). 

Links are given below (instead of my copying the same here).  You can find lot of good stuff if you care or take the trouble to search with google.

Developing an Effective Strategy for HCM Data Conversion (PA, OM, BN) | Symphony Consulting Blog

Creating OM and PA data thru LSMW | Symphony Consulting Blog

Steps to create a simple LSMW using batch input recording - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

LSMW Steps For Data Migration

LSMW- BATCH INPUT RECORDING - YouTube

SAPTechnical.COM - LSMW using Recording

SAPTechnical.COM - LSMW Tutorials

SAP HR | Easy Upload, Download to Excel | Winshuttle Software

Sap Hcm Consultants: SAP HR DATA MIGRATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

you can do LSMW for creating OM objects and their relationships. refer the below document for your reference.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are creating root organizational unit there are chances we no need to create relationship, other organizational units which we are going to create we will have to maintain relationships either 002 or 003, It depends on consultant how he is going to build the structure.

we can use 012 as well based on business needs.

Further go through below transactions.

RHMOVE00 , RHMOVE30,  RHALTD00.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/OrgStructure/Transport1.htm

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member298683
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for the reply. Please let me know if you can help me in some way.

As i mention above we are about to start realization fase, and could you please tell me the activities in sequence manner, what activity need to do first and what next like that .....

Regards

Mohan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)Check integaration switches PLOGI ORGA  etc and get the data from business owners.

2)Prepare templates to create objects and maintain relationships between them.

3)Once you have template formats with you share it with customers to get the correct data from them make them understand what details neds to be filled in the template. i.eSince they may not fimiliar with SAP terminalogy.

Once you get data, upload them into system with the help of LSMW or BDC which ever you have created earlier.

4)Be ready with RHINTE reports(Standard), If data is not updated in PA tables we can execute.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member298683
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Thanks for immediate response.I do have few queries regarding this.... 

1) Is the only one integration switch i have to maintain or any other also need to maintain as a part of first activity>

2) In second point yo mention templates to create objects and to maintain relation ships.It means master data templates, If possible could you please share the sample OM master data templates

3) Then when we will create the objects and assign the number ranges to the objects

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

1.Check these for Integration switch:

PLOGI PLOGI ___ (PLAN VERSION)

PLOGI ORGA X     (OM PA Int. ON)

PLOGI PRELI 99999999  (Default position)

2. In which mode you are updating OM data either LSMW / BDC ? try test recording for OM data updation then you will come to know the format.

if you are doing through LSMW then check my given document link for reference in that template also there.

3. First you have to create number ranges (OONR) then you have to update OM Data.

Best Regards

Answers (0)