cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WindowsCE Branding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to customize the Agentry logo for windowsCE platform, found some related documents regarding branding but I dint find how to customize the logo for the application . All documents says for advanced customization use NullSoft website .

I referred "http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Branded+Agentry+WinCE+(Windows+Mobile)+Client+and+Server... " and followed the same. Could anyone please help me to resolve this.

Thanks,

Archana Vasudevan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Archana,

By logo, do you mean the icon on the program files area or the logo on the login screen after starting the application, or the logo for the installer icon?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

It is an Application Icon, once we install which appears on the main screen .

I have installed the branding file Agentry_70.7.0_ClientWinCE_BrandingSDK.exe and found the icon in this folder ..\publish\build\ag3c.ico . I think that is the icon has to be replaced as customized icon, correct me if I am wrong.

For your info , I have attched the icon path below.

Thanks

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I refered this link "Branding Agentry Installers - Developer - SAP Library" and tried the recompiler command "C:\Program Files (x86)\nsis\makensis.exe /DgPlatform=Win32 /DBranding=c:\MK_BrandingFiles\MK_Client_Branding.nsi AgentryClient.nsi" and was getting error Can't open script "AgentryClient.nsi

Please correct me if I am wrong, AgentryClient.nsi is my new branded file and c:\MK_BrandingFiles is the folder where the sdk of WinCE is extracted and new installer will be compiled, I am not sure about this file MK_Client_Branding.nsi .

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Archana

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Please try to change the command to include full path to the AgentryClient.nsi file. Hope it would help.

e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\nsis\makensis.exe /DgPlatform=Win32 /DBranding=c:\MK_BrandingFiles\MK_Client_Branding.nsi C:\..\..\AgentryClient.nsi"

All the best.

Pavel

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Archana,

Have you built the cab files already?  That is a pre-requisite to building the installer.

Do not include the /DgPlatform=Win32 option on the command line.  You will also have to edit the AgentryClientWinCE.nsi adn set the following to match your locations

# Path where resources can be found

!define gResourceDir "C:\Agentry\Agentry CE Client Branding SDK\publish\build"

I have to get my environment setup to be able to test this so I can't give you the exact command line yet but I think it will be. 

makensis /DgVerInstaller=70.10.0.0 /DBranding=AgentryClientWinCE_Branding.nsh AgentryClientWinCE.nsi

I believe the /DBranding is really only needed if you are creating your own branding file and not using the default one.  I will try to update again soon after my environment is setup.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I have built cab files, running the above command which brings the same error "Can't open script AgentryClient.nsi".

Please help.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

I tried using your command but gives me the same error "Can't open script AgentryClient.nsi",

I am not sure which step am going wrong .Please help

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am able to run the file and it got branded, but I tried replacing the icon ag3c.ico in build folder  where the customized image was present in the branded files. When i tried installing in windows device it was showing agentry icon not the one I have replaced.

Please suggest me some options to replace the icon which appears in the main screen once I install the client in the device.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pavel,

We have branded the WindowsCE client with the logo successfully but can you please let me know is there any way to add the server URL branded to it. I couldn't find any related documents and also files in the folder regarding the server url.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks,

Archana Vasudevan

PavelPenaz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Not sure myself, hoping that might be able to advise here or point to someone who can.

Thanks in advance Bill.

Best,

Pavel

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New Question, new Discussion please.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am able to customize the Agentry icon and branding is working fine, I replaced ag3c.ico in the build folder and place the path in AgentryClientWinCE.nsi . Once the exe file is branded , I have installed in the device and CAB file is placed in the application folder , these steps helped me to brand the file.

Thanks for the help!!