cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have requirement to show the report data only users for specific regions. For example, i have 2 regions and we have users in each region. If user from region 1 seeing the report then he should see only his region related information.

I have done this using row level security in universe level using BO user. But the issue is, we used to add new users frequently. If this is the case then i need to hard code the user name (BO user) every time in universe.

This is not possible. Is there any possibility to apply the security to groups without hard code users because if new user means we can add it in to the groups.

We are not storing the user names in separate table, user names can see only in groups.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hariharan,

You can create row level security using groups instead of users.

We can use "Manage Access Restriction" Option in Universe Designer.In Designer,Go to Tools-->Manage Security-->Manage Access Restrictions--> Specify the Name to Restriction-->In Row tab(Select table and give the condition)-->Assign this restriction to the user/group.(This restricts a user to access values corresponding to the specified condition

Check the below link for reference.

Row Level Security / Restriction in BO Universe Designer | DWBI castle

If you are using IDT, create a Business security profile, create a filter for region 1 and assign the user group. Repeat the same for other regions.

Business Objects 4x Information Design Tool - Business Security Profiles - YouTube

-Sri Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks. It is working. I need to apply the same logic to list of values as well because user can see all the regions in selection screen but inside we are getting result only on restricted region which is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari, Glad its working.Can you close the thread if the issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harihara,

You said you did apply restriction on Lov's, could you please share how did you apply this from universe level?

Regards

Venkat