cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

column chart value(vertical ) axis values i am getting as 0,2 ,4 ,6,...., but i need get the values as 0, 0.5, 1,1.5,...

former_member210043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

column chart value(vertical ) axis values i am getting as  0,2 ,4 ,6,...., but i need  get the values as 0, 0.5, 1,1.5,...

In first tab(report1 )  of webi document i am having the problem  but in second tab(report2 )  of webi document i am getting as i am expecting  (0,0.5,1,1.5 ) for the same data.

i have verified the properties of column charts in both tabs all are same . i tried to increase or decrease the width and hieght of chart but no luck

i am sharing screen shots please check and help me.

Please Help ...

Thnaks

Nikil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

Currently, there is no way to adjust the Scale (units) on a Chart, there is an idea on SAP BI Ideas, you might want to vote on it.

Also, apart from scale adjusting itself depending on the value, it also depends on the height of that Chart, increase the Height of the Chart and you'll see what I'm talking about. You'll see more ticks when you increase the height.

Check out the scale in the below pic, its 0, 50, 150, 200.

And now when I increase the Height of the Chart, the scale now has more values (ticks), 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, and so on.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

former_member210043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahaboob,

Thanks  for the response , i tried as  u suggested,due to the space contraint i am unable increase  more height . i got as ( 0,1,2 ,3 4,...).

Any other way ....

Thanks

Nikil

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

I don't know of any other way.

Please create an account on BI Ideas and vote up on this idea, hope others also vote on this and get this feature eventually.

Y-Axis interval changes between XIr3.1 and BI 4.0 : View Idea

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which version you´re on ? If you´re on 4.1, try this :

1 - Right click on chart and choose Format Chart ;

2 - Choose Value Axis->Design , set Thicks Density Mode to Fixed Value and play around with the values circled in red

Regards,

Rogerio

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rogerio,

The red circle you have is a bit misleading, as Tick Length and Ticket Margin options are irrelevant, they just increase the size of ticks and increase space between ticks and Y asix. Hope you got it.

However, Tick Density is the one which Nikil might want to use. Even that won't help Nikil if the values of the measure gets bigger, they'll change accordingly. He can give it a shot though.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob ,

thanks for giving a good explanation about the issue !

Anyway, Nikil could give it a shot  !!

Regards,

Rogerio