cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hana - Data Preview of Attribute View fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an Attribute View created in my package, and it uses tables from my schema. I was able to Validate and Activate the Attribute view after using the following SQL:

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA "<SCHEMA_NAME>" to _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

But when I do a Data Preview of this Attribute View, and click on Raw Data, I get the following error:

Error: SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

(I'm doing this in SAP Hana Modeler in Eclipse)

How can I fix this error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution to my problem and I am posting it here.

In order to do a Data Preview of Attribute views, you need to run the SQL (Call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS")  AFTER deleting all tables in your Dev schema. I was running it with tables still in my DEV schema, and hence it was throwing this error. The second part is that I need to recreate these tables in my NEO schema, and not the DEV schema. 

After deleting my tables, I ran the SQL, and then recreated my tables in the NEO schema. Then I recreated my attribute view, and activated it. The _SYS_BIC schema started to show. And I could do a Data Preview of my Attribute Views.

Hope this helps anyone who faces the same issue.

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the solution. Please close the thread if it is resolved.

Regards,

Chandu.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Execute below statement also.

GRANT EXECUTE ON SCHEMA "<SCHEMA_NAME>" to _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION.

Br

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

I executed that SQL Statement before, and each time after making any change, It runs successfully, but the issue still remains. I'm still unable to Preview Data.

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

Try adding sys cp all analytical previlige to your id. You need this to run any view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh - thanks for your reply. I tried adding the _SYS_BI_SP_ALL privilege, but it says I'm not authorized to grant that privilege. See attached screenshot.

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

Can you please look at this blog

Thanks,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

The steps in your blog have been followed but do not help in fixing this error. When I try the following SQL, I get an error saying user does not have access to a table. I even followed instructions from another forum and copied the tables from the DEV_... schema to the NEO_... schema. But still have the error.

CALL "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS";

p...trial.myhanaxs.hello/BERTHING_ATT_VIEW. User DEV_.... is not authorized for:  Object: Dim_Pumping_Type Schema: DEV_.... Type: TABLE

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

Try Show Authorization from context menu of SYS_BIC column view. You may get some hint what privileges you are missing.

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Thanks for your reply. But I do not have a SYS_BIC schema. (I have not created any Analytic Views, and also, I am using a trial account). see attached screenshot.

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nish, looks like you don't have select privilege on _SYS_BIC schema. Once you get that privilege from your admin, you will be able to execute data preview.

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am the Admin as this is a trial account and I created it. Do you know how I can give Select privilege to SYS_BIC schema?

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

Goto your user from Security folder and under Object Privileges, add _SYS_BIC, then give Execute and Select privileges from the right side of the screen.

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chandu,

I did as you suggested and added _SYS_BIC, but am unable to give privileges on the right as it is greyed out (see attached screenshot). I also tried to run the following SQL, but it won't let me:

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA _SYS_BIC TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

Could not execute 'GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA _SYS_BIC TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

Select on _SYS_BIC should be given to your user id, not to _SYS_REPO. Grantor is _SYS_REPO what we see there. Try running this

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA _SYS_BIC TO P1941689034TRIAL WITH GRANT OPTION;

I hope you are running the SQL/adding privileges with SYSTEM user id, not yours.

Regards

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Thanks for all your assistance so far.

I don't have a System ID, as I'm running a local trial version of Hana on Eclipse (developer license). I'm on Mac OSX. The only ID that was given to me from SAP was this 'p...trial' ID. It appears like my trial ID does not have the required privileges which is causing all these authorization issues.