cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Manually Remove Add-on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an add-on that has been updated, but on a certain workstation, the previous version's add-on uninstaller failed. Now the workstation can't use the add-on at all: it won't try to install the new version because every time you log in, it tries and fails to uninstall the old one.

I have tried these things so far:

• I renamed the add-on's directory in the Business One program folder so B1 won't find the add-on.
  • I deleted its entry in AddonsLocalRegistration.sbo
  • I deleted its entry in b1-current-user.xml

I have not found the add-on mentioned anywhere else, but something is still telling the B1 client app that the add-on needs to be removed. If I could get the client to stop trying to uninstall the old version, I'm sure it would install the new one successfully and all would be well.

Besides completely erasing the client on a workstation and starting over from scratch, is there anything less drastic I can do to make B1 forget about the old add-on and stop trying to perform an uninstall that's never going to work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm reopening this question because the problem recurred. I'm trying to install an add-on that has never been installed before, and installation won't proceed because "uninstall failed." I need to know how SBO decides uninstallation is necessary, so I can stop it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the benefit of anyone else who has this problem, it went away once I deleted all* the files in the system's temporary files directory, then rebooted the computer.

*Some background processes will hold files open, which will prevent you from deleting them. Just make sure no SAP-related process is running, then delete all the temp files the system will allow.

Different versions of Windows store system temporary files in different places; if you don't know where they are on your system, do careful research before attempting to delete anything.