Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC application - global data environment

IanMacLaren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCN

I have a workbook using BPC 10 with a global declaration in a VBA module which is set when the data from BPC is refreshed.  When operating the workbook, this Boolean is tested - if not set, the code requires the user to refresh.

This refresh is time consuming and for some reason, the global data is initialised yet there is no code to do this and a watch-point on the global does not fire.

Is there anything unusual about the BPC environment? 

I have noticed that the Workbook macro Open does not fire when the workbook is opened from the server for example.

regards

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Your requirements are not 100% clear, but:

"I have noticed that the Workbook macro Open does not fire when the workbook is opened from the server for example."

Use AFTER_WORKBOOK_OPEN event (look help 42.7)

Vadim

IanMacLaren
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim

added the code for the event and this works perfectly. 

regards

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

Can we see your code?

IanMacLaren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John

This is some snippets - the actual wokbook has quite a lot of code but this is the salient bits ... I have a bool declared public in the workbook and with a watchpoint I can see this is set after a refresh and then mysteriously resets despite the watchpoint not firing and there being no code to do this either.

I am an old had at VBA but BPC is somewhat new to me so I wondered if there were some additional DOs and DONTs I was not aware of.

I did not write the workbook BTW ... I inherited support for this system 🙂

regards

Ian