cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales orders goes missing from APO during certain hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have ECC+APO (DP+SNP+GATP) activated in our place.

The Biz users use BOP in APO manually also during the day to modify ATP'ed qty to different sales orders.

The BOP job also runs in background once every day.

Since last 3 months now, during the morning hours, between 7:00 am to afternoon 2:00 am they are facing the following error for random products:

After that we initiate a CCR & we observe the following error which we reconcile & the order gets back in APO.

Pls note the Error Code = 236

Now the Biz had escalated that this manual reconciliation everyday multiple times is not acceptable.

As the month ends & quarter ends comes close, the volume of manual BOP increases due to heightened Sales Targets & this downtime starts hurting the Biz users.

In order to get a root cause of "Why is this order missing in APO at the first place" we are trying to also communicate with SAP, but it's been 2-3 months & they too are struggling to spot the culprit.

Among many things we also did (1) /sapapo/om22 to put a trace for 90 min duration during morning hours, but nothing could be found in the log yet to trace what causes these missing orders in APO

We also are trying (2) STAD in APO to analyse if any program or user deletes these, but didn't find much due to huge volume of logs.

When we scehdule /SAPAPO/SDRQ21 in the test mode multiple times between 7am to 16pm, we find that these missing orders keep on increasing with every test run during 8:30am & 10:30 am.

Pls note these #60 orders missing in APO with the same error code 236.

If somebody could share any similar experiences they had of Error Code 236, we would be very glad & grateful.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Sooraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sooraj,

Before we go into anything, have you checked all SAP notes for message /SAPAPO/CIF236? I see 11 SAP notes for this message. Though you have raised it to SAP but could you confirm this?

If not I would recommend you to cross check all SAP notes and see if you have any lead.

Though I had same situation 2 weeks ago in our quality environment. In that case none of the notes was valid because of the version. So I deactivated IM for sales order and deleted all sales order in APO and re-activated IM. Thereafter we have not encountered this issue (though in our case there was a system copy and this error was not rectified by iteration, that's why re-activated IM).

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your note of checking SAP Notes.

None of the notes you mentioned (and I also cross checked) are applicable for our case.

There are 11 notes which SAP shows in here (pls see the picture below) out of which only 6th & 8th note were somewhat related to our issue, but they end up suggesting implementing correction notes in ECC side, which we don't need, since we have a brand new higher version ECC.

Regarding your 2nd suggestion of Deactivating & Reactivating the SO imodel ; this we do everyday by default, so this also gets ruled out.

I am looking for some user stories & experiences which users here might have in their projects & not just references to SAP Notes (because you see SAP is already involved into it)

So if someone could share some similar stories about error 236 & its resolution, would be grateful.

Best Wishes

Sooraj

Answers (0)