cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding PO's

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently turned on MMOA/MMOB to facilitate screening of purchasing docs.

I have run into an issue in the quality system regarding a PO that has no material assigned.

According to the business these PO;s are for indirect purchases of things such as office supplies but I am getting an error that there is no material.

Where in config can I set this to ignore these?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If you shut down the configuration so that only SPL is carried out in the Compliance checks, do you still get the same error?  If so, please let us know which error (number and text) you get.

If not, then you might want to consider configuring a different Document and/or Item Category for assignment to your "indirec" P.O's, so that you can carry out full Compliance checks for standard ones (WITH a Material), and limited checks (e.g. SPL and Embargo) for the indirects.

Obviously it makes sense to have a Material if you want the system to determine licences, etc.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

One question if I use a different doc type or item category wouldn't I still get an error for the missing material?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Well, I don't know without looking at the code, and that will be a lot easier if you let me know exactly which error you are seeing.

If you're doing full Compliance checks, then the error is reasonable, because License determination can only work if you have a Material in the item.  But my hunch is that, if you're only working at the header level (SPL and Embargo checking), the developers might have been smart enough to realise that the absence of a Material wouldn't make any difference.  In that case, it would be quite simple to configure an alternative Item Category to carry out a reduced set of checks, to overcome the problem for your indirect purchases.

Regards,

Dave