Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLIM STATE IN SAP PERSONAS 2.0

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

In our SAP Personas system we have applied Slim State which come in SP03 package.

But in one of our transaction we have seen that the data rendering process is still taking the same time as time it was taking before implementing this feature. Please let us know that is our understanding regarding this is correct or else how could data processing performance can differ without implementing this.

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Slim state will not magically make every single flavor to perform visibly better. Its effect is most obvious on complex screens with large tables and a lot of controls.

I'm sure that if slim state is properly activated, then performance would improve on all screens when measuring the response time in milliseconds, but whether this will be noticeable depends on the screen.

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

Many thanks for your reply!!!!

I have created flavor for customized Y-transaction in my development system.

When I am executing the transaction from backend ECC with large amount of data, the report output appears in Tree structure in which if we expand the node, than the report expands and scroll bar appears. When this scroll bar is scrolled up or down it won’t take any time but when I am executing the same transaction from Personas for same amount of data it takes few seconds to display the output when scroll bar is scrolled up or down.

Kindly let me know how can I reduce this execution time and improve the performance of the report from Personas as this is not expected  behavior  of the flavor.

Thanks

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try to run the same transaction in the webgui. If the tree structure behavior is the same there like in Personas, then Personas will not be able to help this. There is a difference between the SAP GUI and the webgui when rendering the screen and SAP GUI may be better optimized for scrolling in the tree. In any case, if the scrolling is slow in the webgui as well, then this is not a Personas problem.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you expand a tree node, Personas 2 fetches all the child nodes at once but due to lazy rendering (Personas 2.0 SP03 Features - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki) it would render only the nodes in viewport and when you scroll it will render new nodes which maybe taking the time.

You can set DeltaRendering, SlimState and disable Encoding, but slimstate will compress only the flavor metadata (XML node names and attribute names) and not the data (like table values or dropdowns with lot of values). Hope that helps.

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas!!

We have checked this transaction in WebGui. In WebGUI, the data rendering time is bit more than ECC system, but its takes less time than SAP Screen Personas.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think Chinthan's answer below explains what is the reason for the slower scrolling.

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Chinthan!

We have set DeltaRendering, SlimState and disable Encoding, but no affect seen.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the size of response in F12 developer tool and if it is huge (in MBs) then it is due to the amount of data that it is fetching from server. In that case, you have to modify the tree structure if it is ok.

Thanks

Chinthan

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

It would be great to have response as soon as possible on the urgent basis.