cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple domain Architecture only BasicAuth possible ?

steven_bier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a problem during the C4C Integration in our Landscape ,we use a multiple domain Architecture.

Webdispatcher = Webdisp.companyname.com
ECC System = ERP.companyname.intra

At the moment the ECC Outbound ist set to Basic Authentification (no Certificates) but i want to secure the connection.

Do i have to change the Domain Name like ERP.companyname.com, or is there another way ?

Changing the Internal Domain is a Showstopper

Thanks

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steven_bier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

i think the the Webdispatcher Team is not the correct contact!
The Inbound over Webdisp is working without a problem, but the Outbound ECC to HCI is set to Basic Auth (User Name and Passwort)
its need to be changed to Certificate Based but there is a problem explained in my first message.

Stefan Krauth give me a hint, i will check this.

Thanks Steven 

0 Kudos

Hi Steven

the CA's do require a .com, not a .intra - this is due to the CA requirements, not ours.   So, we don't have a work-around for this.

Regards

Ginger

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I think we're mixing up two processes here.

1: the communication via ERP / Webdispatcher / HCI is secured using SSL certificates. The transportlayer is encrypted. This is working.

2: The basic authentication / certificate based authentication.

You can work with the basic authentication. It is of course also encrypted as the transport layer is encrypted (see point 1).

If you want certificate based authentication, you might run into the problem that an authority might not be able to create such a certificate. I don't know this.

On the bottom line, we're always communicating via HTTPS/SSL and therefore also the basic authentication is encrypted.

Best Regards,
Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

I am trying to do something similar. I am integrating BW with C4C for Account 360 interface. In SOAManager while creating the web service configuration I have set this as User Authentication. As per your previous comment this is complete safe as C4C anyway uses https port.

However if the password for the user in C4C is changed, this should also be changed in SOAManager. To avoid maintaining the passwords as multiple places I am trying for certificate based authentication. But I am getting an error "ping not authorised" from SOAManager.

The following steps are followed

1) Create a certificate in C4C for the communication arrangement

2) Upload the certificate in strust in BW

3) Change the authentication method in SOAManager from user based to SSL.

Any tips in this regard will be extremely helpful.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan ,

My requirement is creating a custom workcentre for my business role.

This custom workcentre will contain custom tabs.

I created various tabs in my customBO TI and also added workcentre to my role but I am only able to see ProjectView and none of the tabs appear in workcentre .

Please help

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephan,

I had  created custom WorkCentre with multiple tabs.

I have added this WorkCentre to my business role so I am able to see the WorkCentre but not these tabs in WorkCentre.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen,

Please let me know how can we create range of Values in C4C like budget is from 1000 to 10000.

Thanks,

Rachit

0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Our web dispatcher colleagues responded:

If this is a question about ECC outbound then the customers Web Dispatcher is not used anyhow. If this is a question about ECC inbound – then Web Dispatcher should anyhow terminate SSL and re-encrypt towards ECC while including the forwarded client cert.

-ginger

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

try creating the certificates with subject alternative names. This will allow you to issue certificates valid for multiple host names. There is an explanation on the CAcert website: CAcert Subject Alternative Name. I have used this technique to allow https on a webserver with one IP but multiple vhosts. Maybe it works for your process, too.

Best Regards,
Stefan

h_duengelhoef
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I would suggest to open a ticket for your question. I'm not sure if the community is able to answer this

Hermann, SAP C4C development.