Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 8.0 and GRC integration - AC Validation not executed

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

8.0.0-ORA-2014-11-28

Anyone have successfully integrated IDM 8.0 and GRC10?

I have performed initial load from one ABAP system

Configured VDS to GRC template (Web services were activated) and tested successfully.

then, ran GRC commons and centralized scenario load jobs.

GRC10 repository type has below validate tasks (no custom changes done in grc10 package)

Issue 1: UI is not working and we have raised an Incident with SAP already. So I tried to assign a privilege to user using a job. I see no AC Validation task triggered (nothing in job log or provisioning queue). Hence there was nothing in VDS side too. I checked the role in database and was in pending status (MCEXECSTATE as 512). After sometime, privs are in failed status (MCEXECSTATE as 4)

Is it a known issue for 8.0? Not sure why AC validation task is getting triggered. Anything else I should check?

The issue seems to be closely related to below note however it is valid for 7.2 SP9 and I can see WAIT_TASKID and WAIT_AUDITID in IDS schema.

1994592 - GRC 10.0 PF V2: Issues with execution of AC Validation due to missing attributes

Issue 2: I see AC_Validation_Add process as type "Add Member Process". Is it correct? I was in assumption this should be "Validate add process"

If I change Validate add to some other task e.g. AC_Validation_Risk_Analysis_Only_Add, I couldn't select back to AC_Validation_Add.

Kind regards,

Jai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Anyone from SAP can confirm if this is an issue?

We have set up new IDM 8.0 system again and tried. Still the same issue.

1) VDS config working. (I was able to search the applications connected to GRC also other webservices are activated)

2) Ran GRC loads (common and centralized provisioning).

3) Assign priv in UI - (Goes to Waiting for few mins and then Failed after sometime. No tasks executed in job log)

Anyone successfully integrated GRC and IDM 8.0 or faced this issue?

Any advise would be helpful and appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jai,

Yes there are customers who have successfully implemented integration between IDM and GRC Access Control 10.x.

If your system is from 2014-11-28 then for sure you would need an update. There were several improvements in the area since then - e.g. request grouping introduced in SP1.

Best wishes,

Fedya Toslev

muthavarapu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jai & Fedya -

I have also same issues like Validate task is not triggering and UI also not working as expected after role assignment. I am on IDM8.0 SP01.

Anyone did successful integration?

Best regards

Nag

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

did you try tracing your user? Usually when the workflow stops in the PrepareACRequest Java Code you can't see a log but if you trace, you'll see soemthing like !OnErrorTrigger or something like that.

Then, you defined your validation tasks on the repository, but check that the privileges have inherited the tasks and that they have the correct rep defined as the validation repository

Regards