cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Scenario issue with strategy type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I am using MTO scenario and all PR is generating against particular sales order.

If i convert PR to PO sales order link continues

If i go GRN for PO same sales order link continues in stock level.

My problem is if any customer cancel Sales order suddenly i cant use this stock to any other sales order. We can do sales order to sales order but i cant track and do for lacs of components.

Now my requirement is i want use my raw material stock to any sales order. Is it possible to break the link from PR to PO.

Please suggest any other strategy or combo of strategy to execute this scenario successfully.

Thanks & Regards,

Mukundan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mukundan,

You can be able to change the sales order and item number in the PO Account assignment Tab..

but it is risky job every time we can't able to go and change so please follow the below process and let us know

Please maintain the planning strategy 40 for the Raw materials along with Indi/Coll requirement 2

in MRP4 view

while run the MRP system will generate the normal proposals to the R-OH

while consumption also 261 will happen normally without considering the special stock

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i maintain strategy 40 for FG material and creating sales order. I CANT SEE SALES DOCUMENT IN PURCHASE REQUISITION CREATED FOR RAWMATERIAL

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mukundan Muthukrishnan,

Again you are asking the same thing.. if the PR / PO has a sales order number as reference you have to do the GRN and consume that Raw material for that sales order only

hence requesting you to maintain the Individual / Collective requirement as 2 in MRP4 view

then you can be able to consume that Raw material to any production order which is linked to sales order

If you want assign the sales order / item number for PO / PR please maintain the Account assignment category as M then system will ask SO /Item number

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukundan,

It is better to maintain make to stock strategy for raw material. The advantage in MTS for raw material is, system will give single PR if there is requirement from multiple SO

Disadvantage of keeping raw material in MTO:

1. If stock is not available against SO then raw material has to be transferred from another SO

2. Once SO is cancelled then the stock will be against SO and system will not consider the stock for any other SO and in order to consider one person has to do sales order conversion if at all SO order requirement is there. If not it has to be moved to unrestricted and then once requirement comes it should be transferred to new SO.

If your business doesn't accept then write a custom program in such a way that un assign sales order from the raw material for which SO is cancelled and before running MRP check for any new SO the unassigned raw material is required and if it is required then assign it.

I will suggest to maintain MTS for raw material.

Hope this will help.

Regards / US

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use movement type 412 E and 413 for transferring the sales order stock to own and reversal.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggested the same to client but its complicated and cant follow . I have lacs of components to track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the link between sales order and purchase requisition break after converting into purchase order . I can use PO stock to any Sales order.

Any other strategy will work for this MTO scenario like strategy 50 (Planning without final assembly), Strategy 60 (planning with planning material) ?

Thanks

Mukundan