Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVC size change

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement in our project to reduce the CVC size from 10 chars to 5 chars and make the other 5 chars as navigation attributes.

Please suggest me the procedure.I know it has high impact.

Thanks & Regards

Yadagiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find below the steps.

1. First try to ask Basis to take back up of system to assure you have everything in place.

2. Take the back up of entire Demand Planning data into Cube . ideally 2 the cubes i.e. with old structure and with new structure.

3. Create new PLOB with desired CVC structure.

4. Create CVCs on the new PLOB from the data stored in the cube with new structure.

5. Load the data from new structures to new PLOB or planning area.

6. Adjust all your macros and job.

Please let us know if this information helps you.

Amol

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the replay, Can you please little bit elaborate on below points..

2. Take the back up of entire Demand Planning data into Cube . ideally 2 the cubes i.e. with old structure and with new structure.

5. Load the data from new structures to new PLOB or planning area.

6. Adjust all your macros and job.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ashwin

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yadagiri,

The approach mentioned by expert Amol is basically taking a back up of your existing planning area & MPOS for all key figures. The data needs to be stored in a back cube before go-live.

Meanwhile you need to create a new MPOS with five characters and their attributes. Create a new planning area with this MPOS and activate the same.

Now you can load the data from back-up cube to new planning area (with 5 characters MPOS). In this you need be cautious that back-up is on right aggregate level and is transferred accordingly to new planning area. Once copied you need to make sure that existing PA data and new PA data is in sync.

I will not recommend deactivating and activating same planning area with new MPOS as it has high risk if steps are not followed correctly. In above approach you need to create all planning books/macros etc same way as in existing one. You need to check authorizations etc. for these new planning books. You also need to update your BW loads w.r.t. new planning area.

I hope this gives you an overview what needs to be done in such a scenario.

Regards

Rahul

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the replay.

Statement:I will not recommend deactivating and activating same planning area with new MPOS as it has high risk if steps are not followed correctly.

Our business is asking to use the same planning area. Can you please suggest the steps to be followed and the risk.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ashwin

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First thing if you say that you have to use same PA means you will have to use same MPOS as assignment can't be changed.

Now you are reducing which means you need to deactivate PA & MPOS. Make changes in the MPOS. This might lead to inconsistencies. I had same requirement in one of the projects and we created a new PA & MPOS which was much more easy to handle.

Check the warning mentioned for the deactivation in the below link.

Working with Master Planning Object Structures - Planning Area Administration - SAP Library

Rest you need to convenience your client.

Regards

Rahul