cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show n number of data in dynamic columns with dynamic rows in crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder if there's a way to show n number of data from data table rows in crystal report in three columns and multiple rows. Say if the datatable has 8 rows, it should display in crystal report as:

1st row data -> in 1st row 1st col in crystal report

2nd row data -> in 1st row 2nd col

3rd row data -> in 1st row 3rd col

4th row data -> in 2nd row 1st col

5th row data -> in 2nd row 2nd col

8th row data -> in 3rd row 2nd col

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203168
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Create a New Report as a "Mail Label" and place the required fields.

And Adjust the Label Size to required width and Gap between labels. Usually, u can print 3-4 columns in one page.

and select printing direction is "Across then Down'.

--Praveen G

former_member203168
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Or Open the report in Crystal Report.

Right Click Details -> "Section Export" -> Check "Format with Multiple Columns".

New tab by name "Layout" will be added on the top. Select that tab.

There specify the Width , Horizontal & Vertical Gap and than select "Accross then Down" or "Down then Accross" as per your need.

--Praveen G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir.

Your both the solutions worked well to achieve the layout I was looking for, but it also introduced me an other issue.

I didn't mentioned in my previous query but I'm also required to insert one more detail section (Details b) in default layout, right below this column layout detail section (Details a). But now I'm unable to add this in default layout (single column), "details b" automatically get the same layout as "details a".

Please suggest a solution for this.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Please post this as a new discussion.

Also post a screenshot of the required result.

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are your SQL skills?  I've been able to do things like this by writing a (fairly complex) Command (SQL Select statement) that will pivot the data into the format you're looking for.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dell,

Unfortunately, in this project no database (sql) is being used. All the data are being saved in file system and also retrieved from it.

My requirement is, I've multiple images (in byte [] format) in data table and I need to display them in column layout.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you're also going to have a problem getting the images to show - I'm not sure that Crystal can work with them in byte[] format.

-Dell