Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices: Share one project in Web IDE with 2 users

dominik_auras
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

are there any best practices to share a project (with version control / change comparison / etc.) in SAP Web IDE?

Or further: what possibilities do I have?

Btw:

I think I don't want to use GitHub

The best would be if we can deploy to NetWeaver and check for changes everytime we deploy there.

Thanks,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dominik,

ABAP won't provide you such.. and as Michal said, you have a Git alternative for HCP but not for On-Premise.

Alternatively, you could use CVS / SVN or some other source control system from the WebIDE workspace directly - however Git seems to be best so far so I'm not too sure why you don't want to use it.

Cheers,

Dan.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

The best way is to use HCP Git repositories!

For example if you have an application in your Web IDE workspace you wish to share with your colleagues, simply deploy it to HCP (right-click -> Deploy -> Deploy to SAP HANA Cloud Platform), you can give it a version and deploy it. Then on HCP a Git repository is created for you and you can share it with your colleagues, who can then clone it in their Web IDE and commit and push their changes.

In the application's page on your HCP cockpit under HTML5 Applications it is really easy to see all the commits and versions of this app.

More information can be found on Web IDE's documentation:

SAP Web IDE Developer Guide

SAP Web IDE Developer Guide

Hope this helps,

Michal.

dominik_auras
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thanks for your reply.

Do I only have to share the git repository URL with my colleagues and then they can push thei changes to?

Or how can I share the repository with them?

Thank you and regards,

Dominik

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your colleagues should be members on your account and have a "developer" role.

Regards,
Michal.