cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 Transport Data Manager Packages in team folders

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on BPC10.0 (CPMBPC 801 SP9), and are having problems transporting Data Manager Packages which are stored in Team Folders.

When we collect a transport in RSA1 > Transport Connection, we can only see Data Manager Packages in the Company folder ( [Environment Name] > Model > [Model name] > Business Unit > Company > Datamanager > Package ). And these DMPs are collected and transported fine.

However any DMPs that we have sitting against Team folders are not visible in the hierarchy, so we cannot collect it in a transport.

The reason why we put some DMPs in Team folders is because certain DMPs (like loading data or running logic) should only be run by users in a specific team.

Has anyone had the same experience? Is there a way to collect DMPs that are inside Team Folders into a transport?

Cheer,

Carlton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Has no-one ever tried transporting Data Manager Packages stored in Team folders, either successfully or un-successfully?

Cheers,

Carlton.

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlton,

Please make sure that you have team folder in your environment.

Admin and FS_C_ADMIN are different teams which are available in my environment.

Select the respective team and then go to Data Manager, as shown in the above image.

you will find the respective DMP which you are defined in that particular team. Choose and then remaining steps are as usual.

Thank you very much ..

Best Regards,

Saida Reddy Gogireddy

0 Kudos

Hi Saida,

Thanks for your reply - it's useful to know that the functionality works for other people.

Strangely in my environment, I can only see the Company folder, and not the other Team folders.

I've logged into SAPGUI using an account with profile SAP_ALL, so I don't think it's security related.

I wonder if it's related to the fact that we migrated from BW7.5 to BPC10.0?

Would you mind sharing what version of BPC you are on? And did you implement in the current version or migrate from and older version?

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Thanks,
Carlton.

0 Kudos

Hi Saida,

After some further investigation, I've narrowed down a potential cause (bug) of my issue.

In one model, where I have BOTH data manager packages and excel input forms stored under a team folder, I can see the team folder in RSA1 transport connection.

In another model, where I have ONLY data manager packages (and no excel input forms) stored under a team folder, I cannot see the team folder in RSA1 transport connection.

To test this theory, I added a new excel input form into the team folder of the model which had no input forms previously, and bingo! I can now see the team folder in RSA1 transport connection.

I think it's time to raise an incident with SAP.

Cheers,

Carlton.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the exact same problem (on the same SP), it was solved by creating a report in the team folder. Did you create a SAP incident?

Thanks for you input

John

0 Kudos

Hi John,

This issue is fixed by apply SAP Note 2111979.

Cheers,

Carlton.