cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud SDK : Custom Field Value removed After Creation of Patch Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have scenario to create extension BO for Lead we have created 4 fields and that fields we have added into Account screen. When we create Lead and "Convert Account and Contact" that custom fields from Lead is coming under the Converted Account / Prospect. This Functionality working fine.

Now in above scenario we have added Custom OVS on Lead as well as Account screen and to make custom OVS we have follow below steps:

1) Create custom bo and store data through XML file Input.

2) Create OVS for above custom BO.

3) Add this OVS into custom field that we have created into Lead screen.

In above case all the scenario working fine.

we have created 1 custom button on Lead screen, but customer want to remove / hide that button from Lead screen.

Now we have create patch solution for this deployed solution and we have only remove custom button from Lead screen using UI designer The Problem is when we Enable the Patch solution all the data under Custom BO and all the data used in Lead screen as well as Converted Account using Lead with Custom OVS from Custom BO will be gone.

Also when we enable the Original Solution I can able to see data under  Custom BO , Lead Screen , Converted Account using Lead and Custom OVS.

Can anyone help me to do some changes into patch solution is really effect the data?

Why the data will be loss when we enable the Patch solution?

why the data comes when we enable the original solution and disable the Patch solution ?

Regards,

Mithun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

You need to re-scope your solution in the Business Configuration.

Please check the following document.

Best Regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I know the process, but the actual issue is in Dev system I have created patch solution and enable it once it enable and test from front-end I didn't see any data under custom business object, Also I have updated extension fields in lead from this custom business object that data also not visible.

Once I am go to Implementation Manager and Enable the Original Solution all data coming and able to see in custom business object as well as under Extension fields.

If you want more details i will explain.

I don't know why data will be gone when enable the Patch solution in Dev system?

Regards,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun, I replied via mail let me know

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You remember that the patch has a different namespace as the original solution?

This is also valid for the Extension Fields: Creating a patch for the very first time creates also new Extension Fields.

Of course these fields are empty.

By enabling / disabling the original solution you show / hide the original Extension Fields and vica-versa the fields from the patch.

HTH,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

I have only changed 1 item and its on UI designer.

Once I have enabled it the Custom business object values and Standard screen Extension fields values that is filled from custom business object disappeared.

So is there any way to get back with all value into patch solution?

Or

What is the alternative solution?

Or

As per your comment Do i need to follow upload data under custom business object and again fill under Standard screen extension fields?

Regards,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI mithun

you can deploy your patch replacing the original solution on your Dev system and activate the original solution to have your test data back

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've explained this here in Phase 3 - Switching to Bug Fix mode:

SAP Cloud Applications Studio Deployment & Landscape Basics

Original and Patch solution are completely separate solutions. Data you create will be stored in the currently enabled solution. If you enable the other one, all custom / extension fields will be empty if no data was created with this solution active, yet.

But to answer your question: There is no way to move data from one solution to the other. You can enable the patch solution and create new test data and work with newly created data. Don't forget to also switch the namespace in the integration in case you're using custom web services.

The first link posted in this thread also explains the behavior. Did you read it? I don't think so. It explains exactly your issue.

Best Regards,
Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

is this way to deploy the patch in the devlopment system approved?

I never heard of it before. Are there any side effects or risks?

In my case I want to update the original solution with some BO-Extension-Fields from the patch solution to get both namespaces in the WSDL. I do not want to activate the original solution again after deployment.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no side effect, but if you dont need to activate your original solution i dont see the need to replace it with the patch

Answers (0)