Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Interface is not getting activated

venkatagiri_gongadi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created service interface with one message type and one External Defination and it is a synchronous.When I am trying to activate it, am getting below error,

Service interface reference messages modeled in the Enterprise Services Repository (message types, error message types) and imported messages (external messages, RFC messages, IDoc messages). An ABAP proxy cannot be generated

I have tried to activate only External definition(Request and Response) and it got activated.

I have tried to activate only /message type(Request and Response) and it got activated.

Any input on this.

Cheers,

Giri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Service interface reference messages modeled in the Enterprise Services Repository (message types, error message types) and imported messages (external messages, RFC messages, IDoc messages). An ABAP proxy cannot be generated

This is standard behavior. Although you can mix data types and imported messages in a service interface, you will be unable to activate it in an abap proxy. It should be only messages types or only imported messages but not both

Regards,

Mark

venkatagiri_gongadi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

How to mix the datatype and External definition and use them in Service interface.

Can you please clarify me?

Cheers,

Giri

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Only message type and external definition, just drag and drop.

Regards,

Mark

venkatagiri_gongadi
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried it but it is giving an error in service interface while activating it.

Cheers,

Giri

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatagiri,

You can use a free editor like Free XML Editor or XMLSPY and do all the schema like external definition.

Regards.

Answers (0)