cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with data display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have Summary report and detailed report, both are on BEx query. Both queries have 'Code' variable. selected two codes for summary report and below data is displaying in summary report

Country

Amt

C1

C2

created a hperlink on country column using wizard (not through hyperlink syntax) .

Since it is BEx query, so passing Code_Key detail object to Code variable..

Issue is.. after creating hyperlink summary report data is changing like below as amount is not aggregating and displaying separately for each code.

Country

Amt

C1

C1

C2

C2

I tried to pass the code_key to code variable using Userresponse() like below then it is displaying correctly.

if(Userresponse("Code")="abc";"10";if(Userresponse("Code")="xyz";"20";"10;20")

But we have many codes and user can select any combination, so I think userresponse() is not the option. Can you please help me why it is not displaying aggregated data when Code_key detailed object is passed to ‘code’ variable? What I am doing wrong here to pass multiple values..?

Thank you,

Suri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member211235
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suri,

Is the issue resolved?

Anyways use Group by clause in the formula. Like ForAll(Country) or Foreach(Country).

So the amount gets grouped based on the Country.

Now for the hyperlink, you should pass the Country code alone and along with the prompt values if you have for the detailed report.

You need to have same prompts at parent n detail levels.

Grtz

-Anila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anila,

Thank you, I tried below...

= Amt ForAll(Country)

= Amt Foreach(Country)

= Amt in (Country)

used sum() also, but no luck..

Hi Sateesh,

we have 2 prompts(For ex: Yr and Country) in summary report and we have MGroup, Qty data available in query

Above same 2 prompts and MGroup prompt are in detailed report and we have Mgroup, material, Amt data available in query.

Now can't we pass the selected Yr, multiple Country values and on click value (MGroup) in summary report to the detailed report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my search regarding multiple values passing from summary report to detail report....

I found few threads that we can pass only hard coded multiple values to detail report, but we can't pass multiple values dynamically to detail report.

Can any one confirm please....is my understanding correct?

This scenario is webi report on BEx query (BO version BI4.1 SP4)

Thank you,

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no experience with BEx, but can you apply hyperlinks via an alerter or conditional formatting in BEx?

NMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Neil, but my report is on BEx and also that Alerts will not fulfill my requirement.

Hi All,

Is it not possible in webi to pass multiple values dynamically from summary report to detail report??

here Dynamic means: I want to assign Object instead of hard-coding values..

Please comment and suggest on this scenario as I found in my search that it is not possible..please correct me if I am wrong...

Thank you,

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suri ,

Webi will add the dimension in hyperlink also to the context. This is the product behavior .

Since you have many codes for each Country , rows are getting to detailed level with extended context 

To avoid multiple rows , you can take out the code key from hyperlink and provide prompt for the same in child report .Pass only Country to child report !!

or

add the code key object in the table in main report , so that users will be absolutely knowing for which country and code they want to see the report .!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can make it in the Bex Queries..

U can use formulas in Bex Level itself..Try it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether you understand the issue correctly.

Data is displaying correctly like below without hyperlink:

Country

Amt

C1

C2

Issue is, when I try to create the hyperlink on Country column (passing Country value using country object and 2 Codes using Code_key detail object) then data is changing like below:

Country

Amt

C1

C1

C2

C2

Actually above data is at code level like below,

Country

Code_key

Amt

C1

C1

C2

C2

but as mentioned I am expecting same table without Code_Key like below and with Hyperlink on Country column

Country

Amt

C1

C2

I am not sure why this issue is occurring when I pass the codes using Code_key detail object.

FYI, if I pass the one code_key using userresponse() like below then it is displaying correctly,

if(Userresponse("Code")="abc";"10";if(Userresponse("Code")="xyz";"20";"10;20")

but scenario is, user can select multiple Codes in main report and detail report restrict accordingly

BO version: BI4.1 SP4

Hope you understand the issue now... appreciate your help

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suri,

Try creating a variable which stores all the Code_key values per country and displays as

CountryAmtCode_Key
C150010;20
C2100010;20

Create the hyperlink based on Country and the new variable.

Use the below link for creating the variable.

bi.scribe: Converting rows into a single cell (comma separated list) in WebI

If its just 2 values 10 and 20 then you can just use

MAX(Code_key)In ([Country])+";"+MIN(Code_key)In ([Country])

-Sri Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are you creating hyperlink on Country column? Just apply hyperlink on Amt column.I mean apply hyperlink on measure object instead of dimension objects.

So for measure object you can apply aggregation in If condition like

if(Userresponse("Code")="abc";Sum(Amt);if(Userresponse("Code")="xyz";sum(AMt)) etc.

Thanks,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Thank you,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that detail report has Country variable also as I need to pass both Country (which ever country I click on) and Code (which are selected in prompt)

As you suggested I tried to create hyperlink on measure column, but it is displaying #MULTIVALUE.

And I didn't understand why we need to create below formula which you suggested for measure.

if(Userresponse("Code")="abc";Sum(Amt);if(Userresponse("Code")="xyz";sum(AMt)) etc.

Also as I mentioned we have many codes and user can select multiple values for Code..

Thank you again,