cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After CAL Maintenance Outage today - Unable to see my HANA Instance Running on AWS Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to start up my HANA CAL (Developer Edition) Demo instance this morning (7am Edt)  and I got an error message indicating the CAL site was down for "planned maintenance".  Later on today I returned to launch my Dev HANA instance, now the CAL shows the instance as 'Active" but I am unable to connect to the instance from CAL and I do not see the instance active in my EC2 Dashboard on AWS. 

The Instance was up and working fine yesterday as I was using it for a demo.  Has anyone else experienced any issues or have any idea how to resolve?  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stanimir_eisner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello James,

According to the SAP CAL logs you had an active HANA Dev instance last yesterday (October 18th). Were you able to connect to that instance?

If you terminate an instance outside SAP CAL, it will detect its absence in a few minutes. Could it be that you selected another region in the AWS Console?

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stanimir,

That is EXACTLY my issue...I can see the HANA instance in the CAL even activate and suspend it.

However, since this issue occurred last week, I have been unable to connect to the instance or even see it as an active instance on AWS.

I have made NO CHANGES to my AWS settings at all, so no no zone changes.  I have the instance set to use the same IP address as I had to have ports on the firewall opened to allow connections.  It has been this way for months.

I have a instance that CAL says exists and is "active" yet I can't connect and see nothing in my AWS console.  How does CAL interact with AWS?  Prior to last week this instance had been working for a few months without a problem. 

stanimir_eisner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Regarding the connectivity issue I'l recommend to see

The establishment of the SSH connection will also clarify the existence of that instance. CAL interacts with AWS via the EC2 API and the detected status changes prove that AWS accepts the corresponding suspend and resume requests.

Best regards,

Stanimir