cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data visibility issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently evaluating IBP as a potential tool for Demand and Supply Planning.  Upon initial setup (standard package), I noticed that when I log in under SOPADMIN user id (all access rights), I am able to see the data that is contained in the planning area.  When I create another user, JOESMITH for example, with the same all access rights, that user is unable to see the existing data.

In both cases, that are no visibiliy filters assigned.  Does anyone know why this would happen ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randy

I just want to point you to a consulting note on Visibility Filter functionality. 

2203341 - Visibility Filter Functionality in S&OP3.0 and IBP4.0

Hoping you might get some hint to resolve the access issue with new user you have created.

Please revert if it does or does not resolve the issue.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Randy

SOPADMIN is special user, that automatically always has access to all planning area's data

If you use another user, you have two steps:

1) assign a role, which usually includes the keyfigures and the "permission" to functionality

2) assign a visibility filer, in which you define for which planning values (which material, which plant, which customer) the user shall have access. THis is called visibility filter

Even though you can assign a visibility filter as well to a role, in any case you must make sure that the user has at least one visibility filter assigned. If you are just testing, than take the automatically created role "view all data" per the planning area

Yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Randy,

We would like to know what role has been assigned to user JOESMITH ? If you are using a user defined role then make sure that Model Configuration permission is added.

Regards

Avijit