cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redwood training ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi…

Our SAP implementation has recently licensed the full version of CPS by Redwood to manage our job scheduling.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find local training courses to get my team of developers up to speed quickly with the new software.

All we really have is the online Product Information as well as a few tutorials from the Redwood site.

Is there anyone out there who could recommend training courses or perhaps good text books which would enhance our learning of the software.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Have a look at https://www.redwood.com/resources/education

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply and the information.

The redwood courses you sent us, seem to be from Redwood itself.  Since we purchased Redwood CPS from SAP,  Redwood will not support us in any way.  We have to get these courses from SAP, but have seen none offered by them.  It is frustrating.  Do you know of any manuals or books that would be excellent learning sources for us.

Thanks, Patrick

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

With the purchase of CPS your product support goes through the SAP channel, this is where your company pays the maintenance for the software right?

However Redwood is always open for providing services, training etc (or answer questions on the SAP forum) to help our customers with our 20+ years worth of knowledge in this field.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben:

Thanks for your help.  When I looked at the link you sent, all of the courses seem to be in Germany.  I work for the Government of Canada, and we are not allowed international travel to courses....  Are any of these courses virtual, and in english ?  Do you know of any North American virtual courses we could take ?

Patrick

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

Most planned courses are indeed in Germany, but Redwood can provide local alternatives as well. If you send me some more details I can get you into contact with the appropriate account representative.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben:

We have had no official training on Redwood itself.... What we have been able to do is all self taught.    I think we would have interests in the following areas :

1)  Scripting ... all functionality

2)  Job Monitoring... Monitor tree, iphone access, dashboard

3)  All the environment functionality..... especially submit frames and time windows

4)  Security - all functionality

5)  Promotion -  importing and exporting... especially the back up of complete systems

6)  Configuration and how to use these tools..

7)   Basis side functionality if this is an option ??

By Redwood providing us with Local alternatives, I assume you are talking about on-site courses, which would be great... Can you also provide us with costing, and availability..

I will provide at the bottom my email, and that of my boss:  Georgina Karlis(please cc her on all correspondence)

Thanks for all the great help.

Patrick Donnelly

patrick.donnelly@agr.gc.ca

My boss is Georgina Karlis  at  Georgina.Karlis@AGR.GC.CA

0 Kudos

That link is dead. It looks like redwood and SAP are splitting and there is not much support for redwood product you could get.

Are you sure you guys continue to support Redwood?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Have a look at the delivery page, you can request training there. The Redwood product is still in active development, there is a new service pack every 3 months.

Regards Gerben