cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer exit does not pass selections to query

0 Kudos

Hi all,

The following implementation has been assigned to me ( FYI SAP BW component is 7.40 SP10).

Billing division needs a report which will display installations (ISU object) for which no meter reading was possible for N (variable) consecutive times within an interval given by the user.

Installations that should be selected are those for which last reading has specific meter reading type and N previous continuous readings have the same type as the last one.

If at least one reading of the previous N has another type, then installaiton should not be selected.

The same applies for installations, where N previous readings have this specific type but the last one does not.

I have developed a virtual provider with direct access DTP since I do not want to store anything in the DB.

Then I created a customer exit var on installation IOBJ, i.e trying to convert user selections (period of time and number of continuous faulty readings) into a list of installations.

I have also created a manual entry var on IOBJ for number of continuous faulty readings.

While debugging, installation IDs are successfully appended to e_t_range itab, but query does not return results.

I suspect that it is because of N. Corresponding IOBJ  exists only in virtual cube.

Any ideas how this could be developed?

Regards,

George Kranias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

It is not always possible to pass back the selection conditions in a Virtual Provider constellation.

Please have a look to SAP Help for a detailed description of possible causes and check if it might be applicable in your case.

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

As I see it now, the problem does not lie with the customer exit variable.

I think that selection does not work because I am using a routine in the TRFN towards the virtual cube.

According to note 1486659, an inverse routine is necessary in such cases in order to pass the selection to the source field of the routine. In my case this is not possible becasuse routine does not have source fields. I am filling the target field by selecting a field form a customizing table.

I am afraid that I cannot proceed with the direct access DTP approach.

I do not know if I can rely on virtual cubes at all.

Regards,

George

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

As described in the SAP Help link and SAP Note 1486659 using a Virtual Provider has some limitations and special requirements. One of them is indeed a Routine in the Transformation. You will have to implement an Inverse Routine. In some cases it might be difficult or impossible.

I suggest to explore alternative scenarios.

Best regards,
Sander