Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Tutorials on how to use the demo content in SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP & SAP Business Warehouse 7.4 SP8 on SAP HANA 1.0 SP8 [developer edition] available?

Hi,

I can access the instance of this solution: "SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP & SAP Business Warehouse 7.4 SP8 on SAP HANA 1.0 SP8 [developer edition]" via the external frontend ip.

I found a lot of content there in the transaction RSA1 :

1.) NetWeaver-Demo 0D_NW_DEMO

2.) Master_Demo MASTER_DEMO

3.) SAP Demo 0D_SAP_DEMOCUB

4.) E-Procurement Management Modell (NW Demo EPM) 0D_NW_DEMO_EPM

The demo content is having data already. Also I have run "SEPM_DG_OIA - EPM: Datengenerierer für HANA/OIA ".

My questions:

a) there are any tutorials on these demo contents somewhere?

b) there is a German speaking forum dealing with CAL, where I could discuss things?

c) for data modeling I would like to activate some LIS DataSources from the Business Content. That is possible? There doesn't seem to be an ERP source system. I just found:FLATFILE, SAP_DEMO, A4HCLNT001, MYSELF_ODP, HANA_HBD. All active.

d) I would like to practice programming in ABAP. This is offline possible with a kind of mini- sap? There, I found only a version running on Windows XP.

e) the bex analyzer doesn't run. Anybody got it running?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Best regards

Achim

Tags:
Former Member replied

Hi Achim,

lots of questions, I'm not able to answer all of them. But let's see.

a and c) Basically the Developer Edition is a NetWeaver AS ABAP preconfigured solution, but no ERP solution - NetWeaver AS ABAP only. The preconfigured scenarios are described in Guides and Tutorials for the Developer Edition of AS ABAP incl. BW on SAP HANA.

b) I don't know anything about a German speaking forum for CAL, but the main discussion is in AS ABAP 7.4 trials as virtual appliances: Questions and feedback.

d) Today we published the AS ABAP Developer Edition on ASE to download: SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.40 SP8 - Developer Edition to Download. It runs on Linux but there is a step by step guide how to install a Linux OS on VM Ware and the AS ABAP on Linux - try it.

Kind regards

Thea

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question