Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java mapping stop to work

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello everybody,

recently a costomer proposed me a problem.

They have a XI 3.0 installation with some interfaces.

They typically use java mapping and ccBPM.

1 month ago one of these java mapping ( working since 2007 ) stopped to work . Only one!

It's a interface FTP (flat file ) to BAPI.

Unfortunatelly i didn't developed this interface and i don't have source code. I checked the file and it's identical. Nothing changed in format.

I tried to search information in Process monitor and i found this:

Also if i try to search something in trace file i found the same error:

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.rb_MappingRuntimeException.STREAM_TRANSFORMATION_EX

com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.MappingRuntimeException: Application mapping program it/elsag/xi/mapping/ricambi/RicambiTabTransformationDoppia2 throws a stream transformation exception: Write end dead

at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.JavaMapping.executeStep(JavaMapping.java:67)....

Root cause:

com.sap.aii.mapping.api.StreamTransformationException: Write end dead

at it.elsag.xi.mapping.ricambi.RicambiTabTransformationDoppia2.execute(RicambiTabTransformationDoppia2.java:193)

at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.JavaMapping.executeStep(JavaMapping.java:64)

If i try the java mapping from ESR test tool, i don't have any error, but the result is empty.

Does anybody have a suggestion about this enigma?

thanks in advance

Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I have had the problem of the java class without the source files, there are a lot of utilities to decompile the class files: decompiler - How do I "decompile" Java class files? - Stack Overflow

You can think that the source files can have been changed i these years, or may be the basis team has upgraded with any patch.

Regards.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

we already check with basis team.

no one upgrade and no one patch was installed on last 3 years.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

no more suggestions?

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

Unfortunately the "Write end dead" is a very generic exception as mentioned in the article below.

Whats this? IOException: Write end dead | Daniel Ferbers Technical Tavern

Therefore without further details of what is happening in the Java mapping it is very hard for anyone to analyse further. If it's a Java mapping, there should be a JAR file in an Imported Archive object. I'd suggest you decompile it as Inaki mentioned earlier.

I personally use JD GUI to decompile JAR files.

If you can decompile the mapping and provide more details of the logic, especially where it is triggering the error, maybe we can analyse further.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

understand

anyway thanks.

we will try to make a new mapping.