cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absence Quota Deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation where I need one absence type to deduct from two absence quotas. I have assigned my deduction rule to my counting rule and assigned that counting rule to my absence. I have then in table V_556R_B assigned both quotas to my deduction rule however I can only get them to deduct in sequence ie. the absence deducts from quota 1 until there is no entitlement left, it then starts to deduct from quota 2.

Is there any way that I configure in such a way that the absence will deduct from both quotas at the same time?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the IT 2001 processing module has exits, badi's,or  bapi's for using in such requirements

(e.g. BAPI_PTMGREXTATTABS_CHECKQUOTA Simulates Quota Deduction)

However as said, the standard config allowable is to process an absence is to go through for the first abs quota type (as per the sequence configured): the earliest IT 2006 record that has a deduction period allowed for the abs period, then deduct as much as possible; then it goes to the next IT 2006.  This continues for each abs quota type in sequence till the absence hrs are satisfied. 

For future dated absences, it also projects quota entitlement till before the start of leave.  In this case it creates a IT 2013 record for each IT 2006 gen date, with a negative adjustment for the employee;  this will adjust the entitlement when the accrual/entitlement is generated.  This can be seen in PT50 accrual screen.  This type of IT 2013 should not be deleted.

See link below for list of useful bapi's

SAP BAPI COMPLETE LIST | SAP BAPI Master

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've searched for such a solution in the past and couldn't find one to have 2 quotas deducted simultaneously upon the creation of the Absence.

The initial solution was to create a "Counter" Time Type and create a PCR that would check if the employee had reached the value of a Constant, but that was not satisfactory since some of our employees change their Affectation % during the year and an error would be generated during Time Evaluation when the employee had used all the "allowance" but was now reaffected with a lower FTE %.

The most recent solution was to create a PCR in the Time Evaluation Schema that reduces the Entitlement of the "Secondary Quota" for each day (or partial day) of the specific Absence, and an other PCR that gives an error if the Secondary Quota becomes less than zero. The advantage of this solution is that the entitlement can be adjusted (through IT2013) when the employee is reaffected with a different FTE %.

P.S. : Note that the drawback to both these solutions is that the error never happens during the entry of the Absence but during Time Evaluation.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can. You have to quota type priority in the table V_556R_B.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response however you can't configure V_556R_B to deduct from two quotas at the same time. You can only deduct from a second quota once you have used up the first quota.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

You are correct.

Once you will use the quota type deduction priority 1. That means 1st in a sequence 1st quota will get exhaust then it will go to next quota type.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

have to deduction rule one is for one absence quota and another is for another absence quota.

Why don't you create two counting rule with similar number and assign each deduction rule to it and assingn that to Absence type and let me know?

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

If I understand you correctly you are suggesting I create two deduction rules and two counting rules. I then assign both my deduction rules to each counting rule? This isn't possible as you can only assign one deduction to a counting rule.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Have two deduction rule. in each deduction rule you assign the absence quota.. create two counting rule with same number fo example like below i have given

so the counting number will be 010 which is same , then assign that to absence type.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siriam,

The only problem with that is I can't have two counting rules with the same source key, ie. the groupings for the counting rule would need to be the same but the system doesn't allow two identical counting rules.

Am I not right?

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

System would allow two counting rule with same number, but in the number field you have to add 001 and 002 as i stated in the above screenshot..  as you can see same grouping i have used 010 is the counting rule 001 and 002 i have used it.. to 001 assign absence quota to 002 assign another quota.

still counting rule will be 010 only.. just try.. but still system is not allowing.. you have to go for user exit only brother

Thanks

Sriram