cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PowerDesigner as UML tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am thinking about discussing new business requirements using UML. As we are already using an existing SAP ERP it would be very useful to have the current data model visualized. Searching for tools I read about a product named SAP PowerDesigner.

• Is the PowerDesigner an UML tool?
  • Are there standardized interfaces between a SAP ERP module and SAP PowerDesigner
  • Can the PowerDesigner extract the (adjusted) data model used in a SAP ERP module and visualise it in UML?
  • Is there any possibility to import a PowerDesigner UML model into SAP and implement it as new data model?

Thank you very much in advance. I am looking forward to your answers.

Best regards Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Although PowerDesigner is also a UML modeling tool, among other capabilities, it has a native import capability to create physical datamodels directly from the SAP ERP system.

I would suggest you start with the online documents - Core Features Guide -> Modeling with PowerDesigner -> Getting Started with PowerDesigner -> SAP Platform Support

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pd1655_core/helpdata/en/c8/187ad06e1b1014bc58dfaf59512743/content.htm?frameset=/en/c7/da4cc66e1b10148d14bee11248a325/frameset.htm&current_toc=/en/62/4f99d5b5684ae6b8fff5...

Chris