Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW for change bom issue

amal_kamal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert  :

when using direct input method for updating bom I have this issue:

the update I want to do is adding a material to some bom, when i create the lsmw , every thing is fine , when executing all existed items are deleted and the new item is created . o i dont know why the other items are deleted and who to prevent that ?

Appreciate ur help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amal,

The flat file created for the mass change contains only those components which are to be changed.  program RCSBI020 or RCSBI090

The flat file must contain all the components of the BOM, even those that are not to be changed. Then when the components in the flat file for the changed BOM is compared with the existing BOM the difference between the two is used for the update with transaction CS02.

Please refer,

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the input data to RCSBI020 is actually the data which is finally in the conv file of LSMW it is not necessarily needed to have all items of a BoM in the flat file. If you know a little ABAP then you can add a select statement in your LSMW field mapping to select all items from the existing BoM  table STPO  and move its values to the structure fields of BICSP during runtime of the conversion.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the first step in LSMW tells you which program is actually used, I guess it is RCSBI020

You can go directly from there into the program, or you can use SE38 to get to this program.

There display the documentation and read the notes carefully.

for your convenience:

The input data must contain all items that are to be in the target system on the key date.
The report compares the items in the input file with the items in the taget system BOM on the key date, which you include in the BOM header of the input file. All items that are not included in the input file are deleted.