cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide cell when page number is 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to hide the footer on the first page.

Since webi does not have this function, I created a cell in the footer then add a condition to hide the cell if page number is equal to one as follows:

But it does not seem to work.

Other things I have tried:

1. Put the page() in a variable as a measure, then use the variable in the condition.
  2. Put the page() in a variable as a string as (IF page() = 1 then "1" else "0"), then use the variable in the condition.
  3. Put the page() in a variable as a detailed dimension.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

This works for me:

HTH

NMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you use conditional formatting?

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, just a formula. Click on the picture in my previous post to embiggen .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share your formula?

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

=If Page()=1 then "Footer" else ""

NMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the following error

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

See Using Functions, Formulas and Calculations in SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31SP3/en/xi31_sp3_webi_ffc_en.pdf

#RECURSIVE occurs when WebIntelligencecannot make a calculation due to a circular dependency. Example: Using the NumberOfPages() function If you place the NumberOfPages() function in a cell whose Autofit Height or Autofit Width properties are set, Web Intelligence returns #RECURSIVE because the placing of this formula in an autofit cell creates a circular dependency. Web Intelligence must know the exact size of the report before it can return a value from the function, but the size of the cell (which affects the size of the report) is determined by the cell content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Neil. I was just reading this articles. Both works now. Your method and the conditional formatting. All I had to do was untick autofit width and autofit height.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183161
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ashraf,

you need to use hide condition instead of conditional format.

go to report block ,right click and select hide option and use the option as mentioned below

hide when following formula is true(use amits formula here)

regards,

thrinad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NumberOfPages() returns the total number of pages.

We need to use page() instead and thats not working here.

michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The tool is behaving very strange when applying the hide feature. In order to get the page number to be displayed on all pages except page 1. The only thing that worked was a formatting rule with white font color applied when the value of the variable Page is equal to 1. I thought the times to apply white color on white background were over when Hide feature came back to the tool, but obviously not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thank you for your help. However I still could not get it to work. May I know what did you use in your page variable.

michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just has this definition: =Page()

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use Number of pages function while conditioning hiding.

=NumberOfPages()=1