cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redwood Job stuck running every 20 seconds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We have a job in our production redwood box running every 20 seconds. We cannot kill, or cancel it.  Every 20 seconds it restarts and creates a new jobid.  It leads to an out of memory error, eventually redwood crashes again.   We would like to delete this job in its entirety, but cannot.. 

Does anyone know how to get this job to stop running in its loop long enough to delete it entirely? We can't even determine the origins of this job.

I have read that some have used a submit System_ForceJobStatusUnknown using script, but I am not good with scripting.  Would anyone out there be able to help me set up a script and correct parameters that would give us the new job id, and set status to unknown for each new id created ? Maybe that would enable us to delete it ? I'm just spinning my wheels here, cause we are out of idea's

Thanks

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. Is this is scheduled from Redwood? or is intercepted from SAP?
  2. Did some one schedule it with submit frame (frequency) of 20 seconds? or
  3. is the restart behavior set on the job that is causing it?

You don't need to script anything.

• First recommendation is to hold the queue in which this job is running. This will put the next run of the job into Queue held status.
  • If your answer for Q2. above is yes, then right click and select "cancel" option
  • If your answer for Q3 above is yes, then run the System_ForceJobStatusUnknown and provide the job id of the job in Queue held status. This will force the job to unknown status.
    • Edit the job definition and modify the restart behaviour to default behviour.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda:

thanks for the quick reply.

We tried all the steps you outlined....

This job is scheduled from Redwood, but not using submit frames.

When we held the queue, we did the ForceJobStatusUnknow with the id of the queue held status.

However the status never changed to unknown, it stayed in held.

All the restart behaviours were set to default behaviour already...

So we tried setting them to stop submit frame and no result... as soon as we released the queue the job started  up again almost immediately.

Patrick

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you put the queue on hold, did you try the cancel option? what error are you getting when you cancel it?

Alternately you can try:

Wait for the next run to go into queue held status.

Go to job definitions--> right click the job definition inbound_monitor_D-->select option cancel non-final state jobs

Let us know what error/information you are getting.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda:

We tried everything you suggested...... It doesn't seem to be cancellable ?

We cleared all non final state jobs, and all final state... We deleted the inbound_monitor_D from the evening cycle run.....

As soon as we bring the queue back on line.... the process starts up again and runs every 20 seconds...

Is there a way to clear the memory ???

Thanks,

Patrick

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this job part of a job chain? Check the related objects section to find.

Does this job have a wait event?

There is nothing to do with the memory. Please check all the possible causes:

1. An event is being triggered every 20 seconds
  2. It is part of a job chain and it is being triggered every 20 seconds.
  3. The job itself is scheduled to run every 20 seconds
  4. The restart behavior is set to start after every 20 seconds.

Which of the above caused your problem?

thanks

Nanda

former_member237959
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not sure I am suggesting the right thing. But can you also try to remove the queue from the job when you put the queues on hold.

Thanks,

Lohit

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Definition probably has auto restart specified. Have a look at the Restart Behavior tab on the Job Definition.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohit

We have gone as far as deleting the program name from the sap_abaprun portion of the job, and further to that even deleting the sap_abaprun step from the job, and still we see this job being run every 20 seconds. I have stopped the queue, and deleted all final state and non final state jobs, we have forced the jobid to status unknown, and still the job continues every 20 seconds once the queue is released.   Only thing I can think of is that somewhere in the background this job is still being processed, and we just cannot determine where it is being processed from ?  

Thanks, for your reply, and if you have any other suggestions, please don't hesitated to forward them along. .

Thanks,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda:

We have checked all of the possible causes you suggested.  The job is not linked to an event.  It is being triggered every 20 seconds but from where we do not know. We have deleted everything inside the job and saved it, but it continues to trigger every 20 seconds.  We have played with and changed the restart behaviour of the job, with no effect.

We have gone as far as deleting the program name from the sap_abaprun portion of the job, and further to that even deleting the sap_abaprun step from the job, and still we see this job being run every 20 seconds. I have stopped the queue, and deleted all final state and non final state jobs, we have forced the jobid to status unknown, and still the job continues every 20 seconds once the queue is released.   Only thing I can think of is that somewhere in the background this job is still being processed, and we just cannot determine where it is being processed from ?  

Thanks, for your reply, and if you have any other suggestions, please don't hesitated to forward them along. .

Thanks,

Patrick

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you mention SAP_ABAPRUN?

The job is running for the definitions Inbound_Interface_Monitor_D.

• Did you right click that job definition and cancel the non-final state jobs?
  • Did you edit the restart behavior of that job?

thanks

Nanda

former_member237959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. If that job is triggered from another job, filter for all the scheduled jobs in the job monitor and check which job is running every 20 seconds. If any job is submitting this job, right click and cancel it.

2. Check the parent chain of the job, you can find it in the job details pane in Related objects and cancel it. Drill down to check the parent job and cancel it. Please see below screenshot.

3. Submit the job 'System_ForceJobStatusUnknown' with the job id. For example, if you want to set the job 'Inbound_interface_Monitor_D' to unknown, submit the job 'System_ForceJobStatusUnknown' with the  job id is 1234609 to put it into unknown status.

Thanks,

Lohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohit:

Thanks for the reply.  We have been able to set status to unknown, but a new ID and process is created right away before we have a chance to do anything else.

We have deleted the program name from the sap_AbapRun portion of the job, and have also deleted the entire SAP_AbapRun step from the job itself.   Yet still the job persists and is still executing the SAP_AbapRun portion... Where it is running from? We are baffled to how this is still happening.

It's like it is locked into memory somewhere and it is continuously run from there.

Thanks,

Patrick