cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Workmanager 6.2 Change Detection Time Limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need your expert advice to resolve this issue.

We have configured Work Manager 6.2 in our landscape and customized it in accordance to our customer requirements. However, I want to understand how the delta detection works.

I checked GetWorkordersStepHandler class and found the following lines of code.

String agentryLastUpdate = this._user.eval("<<lastUpdate format=\"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S\">>");

agentryLastUpdate contains the exact time when the application was last updated successfully. However, I have noticed that the agentryLastUpdate is OK when I sync the device within a couple of minutes elapsed from the last successful sync. But when time elapsed from the last successful sync becomes more, even though no change is done, all the work-orders, notifications and catsrecord start syncing.

Can anyone put some light on this. Any kind of help in this regard will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Debidutta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Debidutta,

Hi. We are trying to review your question in this query. We are not really sure what you mean by "agentryLastUpdate is Ok" and "start synching for Workorders".

It will be easier if you have actual time example for us to give a comment in this thread.

We have several fixes tied to time stamp and we are not sure if you are referring to something that we may give you. Please add more detail so we can assist.

Thanks in advance,

SAP Mobile Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Let me explain my concern in a more detailed manner.

Suppose there are 10 work-orders and 5 notifications assigned. When the user resets the client and syncs, all the 10 work-orders and 5 notifications are fetched. The subsequent sync should fetch only those work-orders and notifications which are either newly assigned or any changes made to the previously fetched work-orders and notifications.

In our case, if the user resets the client and syncs, as expected, all the work-orders and notifications get fetched. But, when the user syncs within 15 minutes from the last successful sync, the delta sync works fine but when time elapsed from the last successful sync becomes more than 15 mins, even though no change is done to any workorder or notification, all the work-orders and notifications start getting fetched as it happens for an initial sync.

Please help.

Thanks

Debidutta

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend the following test

1. Perform the initial sync to get the 10 WOs and 5 Notifications and note the date/time
  2. Perform a second sync to confirm nothing new comes down and note the date/time
  3. Check the exchange table to confirm the last update timestamps
  4. Wait 15+ mintues
  5. Check the exchange table and confirm the last update timestamps still match those from step 3

If the timestamps don't match then ther eis most likely something running on the backend that is updating the objects and triggering the exchange processing.  If the timestamps still match and the next transmit brings down all objects again then you will need to check the logs to confirm the last update date being used initially, after the delta and after 1 minutes.

--Bill

Answers (0)