cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformations and IPAKs are gone after system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our prod system was copied to Q. Unfortunately source systems connections were lost.

I created connection QBQ to QR3 again. It asked me if was want activate and replicate metadata. I did.

I was happy to the moment when I wanted to do a test load to PSA.

IPAKs are gone.

Transofrmations (Source and DSOO are also gone.

When I go to the Process Chain and double like the step "data upload from source to PSA" it says:

"Object ZPAKxxxxx does not exist in object version A for object type InfoPackage (ISIP)".

Can you please some guild lines how to deal with it?

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor

Hi Ark

If the issue is with one data flow, please do as suggested by Raman and Phani.

If all the dataflows in the system has this issue, please consult your basis team.

After the copyback, they have to do a series of activities like BDLS conversion, running some programs for DTP and transformation conversions, programs to activate datasources and transformations.

We have faced this issue with copy backs and the Basis team resolved this by doing all the activities in sequence.

Regards

Karthik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It looks like the only option is to transport DataSources and transformations from development to quality system.

Any advices/hints?

I will need to reload data anyway - this is clear. But anything else you would advice to make the operation as smooth as possible?

Regards,

Ark

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ark

I don't think you need to transport anything. We had such problems always with our refresh and Basis is responsible for giving the system back as it was earlier.

Sometimes, they will even do all their activities again which means doing a re-refresh.

There is no need to reload all data as the data targets will not have any problems.

Did you consult with your basis team. What was their response

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

yes I talked to Basis. Unfortunately the only solution was to transport missing objects.

Regards,

Ark.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ark

I am sure this is not the only solution. Especially when you don't even know how many objects are missing like this.

If its one or two, you could have done it by yourself without even posting question here.

You could even expect some issues while transporting the objects. Anyways if they have given up, you have to transport objects.

Then start collecting the objects one by one and transport them in sequence.

As a last try, you could even try to convince them to do a new copyback again to see if the problem is resolved. Its actually their mistake. From now, before you do a copyback, make sure all you prepare a pre-copyback test script and then give the system to Basis. Once they are done with their copyback activity, the system and the corresponding objects should be same as they were earlier. This is a normal procedure.

Now start transporting the objects and let us know if you face any issues.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

When I logged on the Q BW system after system copy there were no source systems, etc. We consulted it with external Basis consultant and he confirm that we made mistake during system copy. Now it is too late to do a new copyback. I transporte FIGL and COPA DataSources and Transformation, IPAKs and DTPs. FIGL works fine. But extraction of COPA doesn't. I can do delta init without data transfer. But I when I run delta extraction or try to do full repair it runs forever and finish red after 7 hours (this is time out that I have).

Ark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for you replies. All data flows are affected.

I will talk to BASIS and let you know if it works or not and what I did.

thanks and regards,

Ark

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you move the transprot form dev to QBQ.

you lossed te info pacakge some times you will get these type of errors while copying for production to other system.

better move the transport with DATA SOURCE, IPK and DSO and transformations.

after importing to QBQ load the data form ECC to PSA to dso.

Thanks,

Phani.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You replicated data source from QR3 to QBQ and activated data source. its good.

But info pack troubling you here.

so please try transport info pack from BW Dev to BW Qua and later try to run your chain.

Before run, please check whole data flow in active or not.