Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Progress Analysis values

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to get Progress Analysis of a test project.

Following steps done

1. Created project - WBS, N/W with activity costing

2. All internal activities - Activity type = Labour - same workcenter, only Quantity is different

3. Plan cost and Budget done, Project Released

4. SKF for Progress -- PS:NonAgg %, PS:Agg. %, PS:Completion % for RA

5. Assigned SKF to value categories

6. Progress Version "100", Checked both Plan and Actual checkboxes

EV basis - Cost plan (active project, overall values)

Percentage of Completion -- POC Weighting Cost plan (active project, total values)

Planning type - Basic Dates

Early/Late - Earliest possible

Checked both Actual Method and Ref. plan. meth.

7. Cost Element 9600001 assigned

8. In the project, all internal activities set with Measurement Method as Cost Proportionality for PLan and Degree of Processing from Confirmation for Actual.

POC weight set as 1 (I do not intend to set any weight but since EV not getting calculated, I tried setting this as 1)

9. Confirmed 2 int. activities twice with 5% confirmation.

10. Executed tcode CNE1

11. Executed CNE5 - see below screen shot. I do not see any EV variable values

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwini,

Create a new Progress version with following ---

Progress Version "100", Checked both Plan and Actual check boxes

EV basis - Cost plan (active project, overall values)

Percentage of Completion -- Weight (Active Project)

Planning type - Basic Dates

Early/Late - Earliest possible

Checked both Actual Method and Ref. plan. meth.

And Define the Measurement Method as Default value for your controlling area and Progress version.

Regrads

Govind

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

I created a new project in the system and found the BCWS and BCWP numbers coming up allright. Probably the earlier project was missing some settings for Progress Analysis. I still have issues with the values not rolling up to top level wbs but will start a new discussion on the same.

I will close this discussion now.

Thanks a lot for your help so far.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check plan and actual update parameter are they ticked? if yes then system will display what POC is updated for project object.

Regards,

Sanjeev

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Plan and Actual are already checked. So this is not the issue.

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

I am finally see Plan POC in the tcode CNPAWB.

Following configurations were missing in the system and had to be done -- One cost element was not assigned to a value category, Progress Version 100 was done for COAr. Then I had to run CJEN and ensure log was without errors. Then CNE1 - this was peculiar - I had to run it for each network to find the POC values updated. It was not updating POC values when I ran it for Project.

However I am not sure if the values are correct. All internal activities are showing Plan POC of 100. How can this be for internal activities with a future date?

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

What is the finest period for POC calculation? Will I see a change in POC each day? I am using Time Proportional measurement method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwini,

Plan POC is calculated according to Period you choose in Cne1 or cne2. like if you select 007/2015, then it calculated till 31/10/2015. if you want to calculate plan POC to a specific date. select the period in CNE1 and set the date in upper side  in screen and change the date. but if you calculated the progress without set date it will automatically pick last day of the month.

Thanks

Govind

ashwinipingle
Participant

Thanks for your inputs. I chose 20/10/2015 (20th Oct) as date in CNE1. So expected tasks beyond 20/10 to not have 100% Plan POC.

However earlier data was not wiped (earlier it calculated till month end)

How can I wipe out earlier POC data of the project?

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Plan POC and Actual POC  in Progress Analysis are not getting updated even after activity confirmation. How can I troubleshoot this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

I think you have to select the Weight (Active Project) in POC weighing in Progress version.

Thanks

Govind

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Govind - I am unable to do any changes to the Progress Version to check out your recommendation.

I used SE38 tcode to check the program CHECKREPORT_PROGRESSANALYSIS.

I am finding error related to version which I cannot fully comprehend.

Error --

You cannot maintain a CO vers. for version 101 (prog. val.-basis="budget")

Can someone let know what could the error mean?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Do you try by saving with another progress version

Regards

Terence

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

I have Progress version 101 which I am using for Progress Analysis. There is also a version 100 in the system. Are you suggesting to create another Progress version e.g. 102 and carry out the Prog.Analysis ?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you use 100 ?

Regards

Terence

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ashwini,

you have provided the configuration for Progress version "100" and executing for version "101". try to execute with verion "100" and check.

regards

Kusam Avinash

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

I corrected this. Now CHECKREPORT_PROGRESSANALYSIS program shows all green - that means customization for Progress Analysis is fine. I also executed tcode CJEN for the project and that came out fine. However in tcode CNPAWB, I am not getting any values updated.

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes - tried using 100. Values not getting updated in CNPAWB.

ashwinipingle
Participant

I am finally see Plan POC in the tcode CNPAWB.

Following configurations were missing in the system and had to be done -- One cost element was not assigned to a value category, Progress Version 100 was done for COAr. Then I had to run CJEN and ensure log was without errors. Then CNE1 - this was peculiar - I had to run it for each network to find the POC values updated. It was not updating POC values when I ran it for Project.

However I am not sure if the values are correct. All internal activities are showing Plan POC of 100. How can this be for internal activities with a future date?