cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFSFOnboardingCandidateInfo - Scenario with SOAP instead of OData

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I would like to inform you that am implementing Successfactors implementation in SAP PI 7.3.1.

I already implemented Employee Profile and Job Requisition successfully. Now am implementing Onboarding Scenario.

These are the below tasks I handled and technical flow process in Onboarding.

1. Already downloaded latest patches and installed Integration Addon in both HCM and PI system.

2. As per standard packages given by SAP, please find the below interface flow.

There are 2 flows.

a) ECC Proxy <----> PI <----> SFSF (OData/SOAP API in SFSF Adapter.

b) ECC Proxy <----> PI <----> SOAP Axis (Begin Session Scenario)

c) ECC Proxy <----> PI <----> SOAP Axis (NEW HIRE Scenario)

d) ECC Proxy <----> PI <----> SOAP Axis (Cancel Session Scenario)

Now My issue is with point a)

AS IS - As per SAP standard packages we need to first fetch the candidate Information from SFSF back to SAP in a synchronous interface from ECC to PI to SFSF vice versa. using SFSF Adapter either ODATA or SOAP protocol.

Limitations: In order to deploy or use SFSF Adapter as per compatability matrix my PI system needs to upgrade which is not possible currently due to many other projects and their golive dependencies.

I already achieved all other Employee Profile and Job Requisition using SOAP Axis framework including Session Handling and interface functionality. Even in Onboarding New hire and begin session scenarios are also using SOAP AXIS framework.

TO BE - Hence I would like to use SOAP AXIS framework to fetch the employee records using SOAP Axis framework.

For that I need SOAP END POINT URL and its WSDL file to fetch the CANDIDATE INFO.

My Observations:

Unfortunately I tried to search all SDN and Marketplace threads but I couldnt able to find a WSDL links or SOAP scenarios related links to handle CandidateInfo through SOAP Call.

Can anyone help me did you achieved this functionlity using SOAP Call or SOAP UI or anywhere?

Note: Until I fetch the Candidate info - ONB-NEWHIRE scenario cannot be triggered. We cannot onboarding candidate unless there are candidates in ECC.

Kindly help me and do the needful.

Regards

Amarsrinivas Eli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

You can't use SOAP exclusively because the CandidateInfo info is a Generic Object and is exposed only to the OData API.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marson,

Thanks for your response. For candidate Info it was used SFSF ADapter. In this case in the same SFSF adapter already it has 3 protocols - SOAPAPI, ODATA and REST.

Why dont SAP has not given SOAP? Also they givevn solution with SOAP for all other scenarios I would like to know why they make complex for this candidateInfo only?

Do you have sample code or links to write a java mapping to connect to OData and fetch the candidateInfo records?

Regards

Amarsrinivas Eli

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amarsrinivas Eli,

They didn't make it more complex here intentionally, but SuccessFactors is moving to MDF and MDF is only exposed via the OData API. Part of onboarding is now on MDF and this is why two protocols are needed.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marson,

Thanks for your time. Also could you please answer my below query.

1. In order to handle this scenario using OData - Is Netweaver Gateway 2.0 is to be installed on my client landscape? If yes is there any guide to implement this settings and installations?

2. Otherwise if we install the SFSF Adpater which internally has OData protocol then will it fine without installing NW Gateway?

3. In Same SFSF Adapter there is also SOAP API (SFAPI) in this case cant we run a query to fetch the candidate records through SOAP protocol instead of OData?

4. Kindly share if there is a detailed guide with screen shots - to implement ONboarding scenario other than the below one?

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100004147712015E

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100010828512015E

Regards

Amarsrinivas Eli

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amarsrinivas Eli,

You shouldn't need Gateway if you use the OData adapter in PI. You can use SOAP instead as the OData API uses the OData protocol and not the SOAP protocol. The SFAPI has different fields exposed to it compared to the OData API and so can't be used interchangeably.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

From SAP side, there have no functionality provided for SOAP/Rest adapter link to access CandidateInfo interface.

As this are standard interfaces, you have to use OData link for CandidateInfo interface.

Begin session,New hire and Cancel session will triggered after CandidateINfo interface.

My advise is do not waste time to search SOAP link.

Regards,

Sagar