cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of GLs in GBB-VBR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are on SAP for more than 10 years, now we want to change  some GLs in GBB-VBR.

Please let us know will there be any impact in  existing transactions

or

what steps to follow to change the GLs

or

What precautions we need to take care

There are already couple of threads on the same but none of that provide proper solution.

Regards

ThavaMohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After running more than 10 years- why you want change now G/L accounts?

Better complete all the transactions related to  GBB-VBR which are linked's to valuation classes for materials,keep your OLD G/L balance as ZERO and then go for changing G/L accounts to NEW G/L accounts.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Now client has identified that we want to replace few GLs in GBB-VBR with the new One.

Now I am having some confusion in your statement :

Complete All Transactions------What does it mean as per my knowledge VBR plays role in GI only. You mean to say I should issue all the material to the wrong consumption GL.

Also hence consumption GL is in P&L nature how we can make the balance Zero

Regards

Thava

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When is the account determination carried out? In the moment you do a posting. So a change of the G/L account will become effective immediately with the first movement after the change request got transported in the system.

Depending on the transaction it can have unwanted effects. one of them is explained with screenshots in KBA 2008455 - Change of account determination when stock is not zero

Others are effects may be seen if you cancel a movement after you changed the account, as it hits the new account instead the old account from the original posting.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is  wrong consumption GL where you  are on SAP for more than 10 years?

You need a new G/L  account, you assign and transport to test system for testing.

But how you are going to handle the balance the value in OLD G/L account?

Regards,

Biju K