Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel file FILE://\\CLIENT\D$\DELETE\REVAL.XLSX is not processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm using a Z-tcode to upload Excel sheet and further upload the data in excel to SAP. For that we are using method cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_upload to upload the data from Excel to internal table.

Then we are using FM TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP to convert the data. But this FM returns an error "Excel file FILE://\\CLIENT\D$\DELETE\REVAL.XLSX is not processed"

when I checked further some where inside this FM it returns ERROR->ERROR_CODE with "DOCUMENT_TYPE_NOT_REGISTERED".

We tried uploading Excels of extension .xlsx and .xls. In both cases, we faced the same error. And we are sure that the Excel is not opened while uploading.

Please suggest what can be the reason.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

2 REPLIES 2

jrg_wulf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

the reason why this FM does not meet your expectation is simply because you don't meet its.

Although the name sounds promising enough, this FM does not interpret an xlsx formatted file.

Ist purpose is to convert the result of an ole Import to an internal table.

Xlsx though is a completely different thing.

An xlsx-file is a zip file, containing several XML-files, representing the Excel Content.

Do a search here on scn for xlsx and you will get a lot of hits on how to process them.

The bad news is, there is no simple solution with just a few lines of code. The good News on the other hand, there are several People who have faced the same problem before and shared the knowledge.

Best regards - Jörg

BTW: xls-files cannot be imported by use of GUI_UPLOAD. Their propriatory format is not supported by an known FM. If you Need to process an xls-file, you have to use OLE for retreiving the Content.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

One common error i am also faced is that, when you are executing the program, if the excel file was open, it will give this error.

Can you close that excel file and try to execute your program.

Regards,

Venkat