Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Posting FI Document

0 Kudos

I am posting a FI Document to SAP with  500 line times using FM ( BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE)

In 4.7 system i can able to post successfully.

But when i do the same in ECC6.0 with 500 line items.I am getting an error Maximum line items( 999) for an FI document Exceeded.

But here i taken 500 only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suryaprakash,

The restriction of 999 lines in a FI accounting document is valid for all versions as far as I know.

You post a material document with 500 lines but the FI accounting document has a different number of lines. For each material document item which has a financial impact 2 lines (or more depending or your settings and the movement type) are posted (e.g. Stock outward and Stock inward). So if you post 500 material doc. lines you can end up with 1000 or more lines. But not for all lines FI accounting doc. lines are created. So you could also end up with less. It all depends on the movements and your settings.

Cheers,

Henk.

6 REPLIES 6

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suryaprakash,

The restriction of 999 lines in a FI accounting document is valid for all versions as far as I know.

You post a material document with 500 lines but the FI accounting document has a different number of lines. For each material document item which has a financial impact 2 lines (or more depending or your settings and the movement type) are posted (e.g. Stock outward and Stock inward). So if you post 500 material doc. lines you can end up with 1000 or more lines. But not for all lines FI accounting doc. lines are created. So you could also end up with less. It all depends on the movements and your settings.

Cheers,

Henk.

0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Thanks for your response.

I can able to upload 500 line items in 4.7 but not in ECC6.0

So You mean settings in 4.7 and ECC6 are different.

and i have to change the settings in ECC6.0 ?

0 Kudos

Hi Suryaprakash,

What I tried to say is that the 999 line items for an FI document is a set limit. Do you use exactly the same file and are the materials setup the same. For each line in you material doc. you get 2 FI lines. But if you have non valuated materials for example you don't get 2 lines in you FI document but 0.

So depending on the content of you material document, material master, customizing settings on material type and movements you can end up with more or less lines.

So check in your 4.7 system for the material doc. with 500 lines how many lines are ther in FI doc.. I would expect less then 1000.

Cheers,

Henk

0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Before i got this 999 error in both systems.

But i solved it in 4.7 by passing same valuation type for all 500 records.

i am doing same in ECC but still getting 999 error.

Can you help me what to do exactly to solve this error.

0 Kudos

Hi Suryaprakash,

I still think it has something to do with you system setup. So it is very hard from a distance to indicate the exact problem. Maybe with the valuation area's and valuation types. I would consult your FI and/or MM consultant and look together into the issue.

You could also try to post 100 lines and compare the FI postings between 4.7 and ECC and try to find where the differences arise.

Cheers,

Henk.

0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

I found that

when GR-based IV is checked its creating reference field and creating 1000 FI line Items.( giving 999 error)

when GR-based IV is not checked not creating reference field and creating only 2 FI line Items

( no error ).

But i dont want error while GR-based IV is checked ( i dont want to create refernce field ).

Is there any SAP note for this.